Statue Sideshow Dinosauria Mosasaur Statue/Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Once the repaints come out the value on the original will drop IMO. The ES on the repaint will determine which version will command more money. Typically variants have smaller edition sizes. Why pay way over retail when you can buy a variant of the piece you want, unless you hate the repaint or are a completest.

I'm not because the first series would still be the original. Having stated that, saw the new repaints at the show and they were really, really beautiful.

Any pics by any chance bud ? Those were the paint masters done by Riojas..I'm not sure how the final ones from the factory will be though. I do like the spinosaurus more than my current version.

^Once the repaints come out the value on the original will drop IMO. The ES on the repaint will determine which version will command more money. Typically variants have smaller edition sizes. Why pay way over retail when you can buy a variant of the piece you want, unless you hate the repaint or are a completest.

That's what I'm afraid of..I'm not sure what sideshow's plan is for these..exclusives, regulars, ect.. I might be looking to sell my orig. Spino soon.

Here's another Spino pic :

1557665_783713864991534_1815946360_n.jpg

and another of the Styracosaurus :
1780866_783725621657025_1972619139_n.jpg

This ones new paint I think changes the feel of the piece. Looking at mine compared this one is a bit more.. " severe " ? In terms of expression ? I think it's the eyes and higher contrasting patterns.

I just find the pose so boring, why not have the side fins stretched out like he is going for a kill or swimming upwards, open the mouth so it looks like he is about to bite, this pose almost looks like he has been shot and is sinking to the bottom, I just feel it was such a great dino piece with so much potential and they blew it.

The re-painted pieces look good.

I just wonder if they'll look that good coming from the factory. We haven't had the best luck with paint apps recently...and these pieces being re-issues are totally dependent on the paint work.

I just find the pose so boring, why not have the side fins stretched out like he is going for a kill or swimming upwards, open the mouth so it looks like he is about to bite, this pose almost looks like he has been shot and is sinking to the bottom, I just feel it was such a great dino piece with so much potential and they blew it.

There is a strong push to make prehistoric creatures less monsterish and portray them as the animals they are. I think the piece looks realistic and tranquil..not everyone's cup of tea to be sure but it's accurate.

There is this one for those that want something a bit fiercer :
1525620_10201845134502928_889481032_n.jpg

This guy is almost 3' long stretched out. It even has battle wounds.
1385015_10201365600314873_1535752944_n.jpg

I want them all. I have $300 worth of rewards points that I think I'll be using on the Spinosaurus, though.

Back