Statue Sideshow Dinosauria Mosasaur Statue/Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure..no " good" reasons. It's especially bad if your putting off your fan base. These are the people that will buy when no one else does.

Given previous pieces the Dilophosaurus set was overpriced quite a bit. I think many are of the same opinion from what I've read.

How is not printing words on the box saving money ? I've always liked how the stories fleshed out the pieces they were included with. It's also a great reason to display the boxes with them if you have the space. So we don't get a card or anything with the story on it .. just the website.

So just a few things don't make any good sense.

I agree with you 100%, but sadly SS business model has changed drastically. Do you recall when they actually polled their customers on if graphics on the art boxes were really necessary?:slap They are already using thinner quality art boxes, cheaper styrofoam, hollow-flimsier bases, & jacking prices all the same. Hoping they come to their senses regarding this wonderful line, & keep it pure.

Our fellow member who was writing the stories for the line has said they are removing backstories all across the board..and deleting them from older pieces as well. Terrible shame.

If all of those changes lead to better quality and more affordable pricing I would accept it..but we aren't seeing that really.

If thinner bases leads to toppling statues and cheaper packaging results in more breaks it's just not acceptable and it's really not helping them is it ?

Our fellow member who was writing the stories for the line has said they are removing backstories all across the board..and deleting them from older pieces as well. Terrible shame.

If all of those changes lead to better quality and more affordable pricing I would accept it..but we aren't seeing that really.

If thinner bases leads to toppling statues and cheaper packaging results in more breaks it's just not acceptable and it's really not helping them is it ?

No Blade, we will not be seeing any savings coming our way. Wouldn't mind the price hikes as much if Sideshow would up the anti regarding the product itself. Larger format (to match price hike), better paint apps & QC, ...etc If we got a better finished product, I really wouldn't care too much about them cutting corners with packaging materials, graphics & such. But have a really bad feeling things are just going to get worse, for us.:thud::mad::gah:

I think a Liopleurodon would be more interesting.
I´m not happy with the mosasaur, i don´t like the pose (diving up from the deep) and open jaws would also look much better.

Stegosaurus, Dilophosaurus, now the mosasaur - all pretty boring.

But that´s just my opinion...

I think a Liopleurodon would be more interesting.
I´m not happy with the mosasaur, i don´t like the pose (diving up from the deep) and open jaws would also look much better.

Stegosaurus, Dilophosaurus, now the mosasaur - all pretty boring.

But that´s just my opinion...

Then don't buy, easy as that. Or better yet, sculpt your own super exciting dinosaurs for you to appreciate. Just a suggestion.

I agree with what Blade-of-the-Moon said. When someone reach to the top, it's possible that it could 'go down' at the next step...everything could be decreased and simplified except the price. I hope I won't see any of this happen on this line but unfortunately...there's a little bit sign of it. Never forget the 'Original Intention' of creating this line. We all making money by working very hard. You know, $300(or more)/per-statue could save many hungry children in the Third World or it's also monthly-living allowance for a small family. Many fans hardly make themselves affordable to buy the stuff...WHY?????? Because they support you and they believe you, Sideshow, not because they have to.
I still love this graceful and classical line, but as a fan, I have to give some soft suggestion instead of admiring all the time. But this is just my very personal opinion. I apologize to any one who's unhappy with my comment. But I don't think there's anything unappropriate to say here, we have to share both good and bad.

Anyway I still have big hope on this pretty Mosasaurs. There's a very high possibility that I'll order it!

Then don't buy, easy as that. Or better yet, sculpt your own super exciting dinosaurs for you to appreciate. Just a suggestion.

what´s your problem? :rotfl

As I said that´s just my opinion.

If you don´t like negative words about Sideshow statues - don`t read it, easy as that. :rolleyes2

Guys. Makes no sense to have disputes:peace, everyone have right to have an opinion:lecture. I think that if Sideshow will show us a huge carnivore to a rezonabiul price/size , problem would be solved :wink1::exactly:) I believe that everything has carved by Jorge Blanco is sensationa:yess:l. This Mosasaur is a highly detailed sculpture as nowhere in the world I have not seen. There are two weaknesses in Sideshow, 1 Price began to be too exaggerated (and I worked hard to be able to allow to buy these statues:slap:(:gah:), 2 colors are too weak compared to the prototype:slap. Missing color accents:lecture. Recently I bought Styracosaurus maquette and T-Rex maquette from Sideshow. These statues are very much closer to the prototype, so the conclusion? Sideshow can do better than that!

Chris I would say that in the past were better prices for example T-Rex maquette cost $ 200 and looks sensational. I do not live in the past, but sometimes it's good to look back to get motivated to do better, right?

Last edited:
Hello guys. What happens with Mosasaur by Sideshow:cuckoo:? It appeared so suddenly, half a picture now 2 weeks ago and since then, no longer knows anything about this maquette:dunno. Maybe we'll see complete statuette this year:wink1::slap? I do not understand why have so much suspense??? it's not enough that we have to wait a year to see the next dinosaur???:(:gah::gah::slap

I think it's no later than December. Hope they can release few pics before the pre-order is ready to open, so that we could have something to watch during the waiting days at least, ha ha~~

I was willing to bet that it would have gone up for sale last week. I even kept checking on Thursday expecting to see it up for sale. But no luck... And I doubt that it'll go up this Thursday with Thanksgiving here in the US. I'm crossing my fingers for the first week in December now.

I was curious about this unusual delay untill I heard someone talk about Thanksgiving Day, I was like...'OH~That's why!!!...Ok, I'll wait...' So I think your guess is right, Chris. Otherwise, I can't find any better excuse for them. After all, it will be a very sweet gift.

Hello guys. What happens with Mosasaur? It's been so long since I saw the first picture. I do not remember that Sideshow have done last year with the Dilophosaurus in this way:mad:. I remember that after one week maquette appeared complete:gah:. Already becomes boring their strategy.:cuckoo::gah::doh

I've got a really good feeling that we'll see something released during SS's Xmas reveals. Hoping scale is large, paint apps great, & pricing is reasonable.

I've got a really good feeling that we'll see something released during SS's Xmas reveals. Hoping scale is large, paint apps great, & pricing is reasonable.

Heh, that's a tall order anymore.

I'm a little curious about the size myself..I wonder how it will stack up to my 1:15 Tylosaurus by Shane Foulkes ?

If it's cheaper piece could be around 12" tall ? I'm thinking like the Tupuxuara. A smaller piece would also make sense to me since last we heard they might be upping production of pieces next year.

Back