Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that tip toe : ) One of my favorite aspects of the custom. You see it all the time in comics.

I know what you're saying about seeing the tip toe in comics. And honestly I think he has to be on his toe when in that kneeling position, but the way its depicted is weird. I'm not saying its anatomically incorrect, it just looks very "dance-pose" like. IMO it would have been better if his toe was down just a bit more. (Not trying to nit-pick the custom, I just think the toe completely alters the sculpt.)

Also, the right bicep looks strange. Again, it isn't anatomically incorrect since not everyone's bicep is flush with their elbow joint/bend, but it just looks weird. Despite this I think overall the custom looks very nice.

The sculpt of the SS DP also looks good. But I do have to say that the pose (like some recent PF's) is...static. It's very Bowen-like. Not that I dislike Bowen (on the contrary). Most Bowen pieces have a very regal, museumesque look to them. But I tend to expect more dynamic poses or compositions from SS pieces. Still, if I had to choose I'd go with the SS.

As a strength coach, I can definitely confirm this the arm is anatomically incorrect but isn't Deadpool some kind of mutated freak ? He's supposed to be misshapen!! :monkey4

Maybe I am looking at it wrong, but it looks like a high bicep insertion than a lower one. Some folks when flexing or holding arm out have a large gap between the bicep insertion point and the elbow bend. :slap

I think you Just knocked $100 off that statue

not my intention to bash on the statue fellas, but im just stating what i see. maybe to some the bicep looks ok, but when i stretch my arm in the same position as deadpool has it, i dont have 3-4 inches of a gap between my bicep and elbow bend. Maybe i should have said that the bicep needs more blending in with the arm towards the bend of the elbow.

I dont mean to hijack this thread, lets stick with the statue at hand. My only complaint is that space gun in his left hand, that thing is really bothering me. But just like the Punisher comiquette, im going to overlook it, because deadpool is one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Extremely dull pose, if theres one character that deserves a dynamic pose its Deadpool.

Sideshow are showing a real lack of imagination in their products lately.

SS can't please everyone. There are lots of statues where people say the poses are overthought and others that are boring. I don't know why everyone is talking about that custom, it's pretty irrelevant when you can't get it anymore.

Dude. Azurepred. Every time I try and read your posts I am completely distracted by your sig. Who is that?

Back to topic, Deadpool is probably one of my most wanted PFs so I'm really hoping that's the route SS goes. I do agree I was expecting a more dynamic pose but he will be a day one purchase anyway.

Maybe I am looking at it wrong, but it looks like a high bicep insertion than a lower one. Some folks when flexing or holding arm out have a large gap between the bicep insertion point and the elbow bend. :slap

Nope, you are indeed correct and it is just a high bicep insertion point, just like misaligned abdominal muscles exist and such due to genetics.

Back