Sideshow DC Animated Series Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twetterhead runs $200-$300 but they're pretty detailed out including their bases, these animated DC statues are really simple looking... if your a fan of the animated shows I can see how they could be appealing but for me it's an easy pass...

I agree with this. I loved the animated series (BTAS, Superman, JL, JLU) so the Wonder Woman is an easy buy for me. Plus I collect her when I see a piece I like and this is one of those. Batman, if the final piece is better is a buy for me too. Though I loved his animated show, Superman is not as I don't like the character in general.

However, the caveat for me is price. $300 and under for WW, sure. Above? It would be hard to justify, no matter how much I like this sculpt.

So many cool characters to make. With BMAS, SMAS, JL, JLU, they used just most of the characters D.C. has in the catalog.
you want Clayface, Joker, Vandal, Toyman, Shade, Giganta, Weather Wiz., Captain Boomerang, Grodd, Shadow King, Manbat
Bizzaro and so on, too many to name. We got thank Bruce Timm he did an awesome job with these shows.

But this is SS, not Prime 1 or Tweeterhead. I have 0 confidence any others will be made.

I think many won't get made either. Lines like these needed to show up so many years ago, when 1/5 were $150.00 to $200.00. Then I use to buy so many statues, now just on here and there.

Last edited:
I keep checking in here and on the SS site for any more information the scale, price, extra photos but so far just the same announcement photo.

I'm one of the few i guess That don't care if they get any farther. If they do I'm all for it and I'm going to support the first 3 to give it a chance but as long as the trinity gets made I'm good. I would love the villains and some others but that depends on interest from the collectors I'm sure.

I'm one of the few i guess That don't care if they get any farther. If they do I'm all for it and I'm going to support the first 3 to give it a chance but as long as the trinity gets made I'm good. I would love the villains and some others but that depends on interest from the collectors I'm sure.

I kind of agree with this. Though it would be awesome to see more characters made, especially villains. However, I only collect certain characters as is. So this was never a line where I would of collected them all.

The Star Wars McQuarrie Sideshow line on the other hand ended after only 3 characters, was done brilliantly and that was a shame we didn't get more there. I own them all, LOL actually I own four of them as I own two Boba Fetts, one displayed with the exclusive head and one regular version.

You might be in the minority on a board like this, but overall you're in the majority. Most people who buy this stuff are only going to invest in the widely known characters, hence the reason why those are usually the only characters made.

I get that people on boards like this would love Scarecrow, Mr Freeze, or whoever, but the reality is those characters don't make money. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor make money.

New info: Exclusives and Joker/Harley/BudLou coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMzvUlldFuc

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 4.33.51 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 4.34.05 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 4.34.24 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 4.34.45 PM.jpg

I’m going to wager that Batman is a first release to get people to buy that one and then later on they will release the actual version that people would expect out of a DC Animated Series Collection with the yellow emblem. I mean it’s only the first thing they show in that video and I would think a statue of exactly that pose would be an obvious choice.

I’m going to wager that Batman is a first release to get people to buy that one and then later on they will release the actual version that people would expect out of a DC Animated Series Collection with the yellow emblem. I mean it’s only the first thing they show in that video and I would think a statue of exactly that pose would be an obvious choice.

I'm fine with that and hope they do the BTAS version at some point. This first Batman will still go well with the JL.

New info: Exclusives and Joker/Harley/BudLou coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMzvUlldFuc

First, thanks for posting the link!

This video only made me more excited about what I was already excited about, Wonder Woman :). Sadly to me, Batman even in the Animated CGI Gotham setting still looks off.

I do have to admit though I am happy to see Joker and Harley getting made, doubt I will personally get them but that's great to see they are making villains and going outside the main core of heroes for those who want these characters.

I'd love to get these but I'm still utterly baffled they went with that look for Batman over the far more iconic yellow oval blue/grey look he had for most episodes and Mask of the Phantasm. What the hell were they thinking?

Great to see the Joker teased but if they go for this:
14319515347368.jpg

over this:
The_Joker.jpg

Someone needs to get fired!

There are still some great stories in the later episodes but visually they just don't compare to the earlier character designs.

Yawn - Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Joker, and Harley again. Man, SSC continues to play the hits. No interest for me. I'm guessing these (like everything these days) will be pretty pricey too.

Back