Sideshow DC Animated Series Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it really that way off from the animated character? It’s just the face, right? Some aspects of the mouth I can see but really not too far off. It’s a shame because I like the rest.

I really love the base and the vibrancy of the purple suit. I'll even forgive them making the tie too big but that head....no way. How they missed the mark so badly I'll never understand. Such a shame, I really wanted an animated Joker and Harley.

I hope almost no one pre-orders this and Sideshow are shamed into redoing the portrait.

Is it really that way off from the animated character? It’s just the face, right? Some aspects of the mouth I can see but really not too far off. It’s a shame because I like the rest.

Not super, but enough to just look damn odd. I did some screwing around in photoshop to see how close I could get without changing the whole thing. I did not attempt to mess with the bow tie, boutonniere, or the nose, which is also off quite a bit but not super easy to change because of the angle of the photo. I recolored the hair mostly black, whitened the skin tone and the gloves, made the eyes larger and moved them closer together, and I yellowed the eyes and teeth.
Even if they had made this, but the exclusive BANG flag gun exclusive swap out was still the hand that's not the one holding the fish like a gun, I would still have to think really hard about it. That ****'s just stupid.
(it's obviously not in the photo I used, but I also cannot stand the the green chemicals in the vat are about to splash all over his leg.)
A6PTU7F.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Not super, but enough to just look damn odd. I did some screwing around in photoshop to see how close I could get without changing the whole thing. I did not attempt to mess with the bow tie, boutonniere, or the nose, which is also off quite a bit but not super easy to change because of the angle of the photo. I recolored the hair mostly black, whitened the skin tone and the gloves, made the eyes larger and moved them closer together, and I yellowed the eyes and teeth.
Even if they had made this, but the exclusive BANG flag gun exclusive swap out was still the hand that's not the one holding the fish like a gun, I would still have to think really hard about it. That ****'s just stupid.
(it's obviously not in the photo I used, but I also cannot stand the the green chemicals in the vat are about to splash all over his leg.)
A6PTU7F.jpg

attachment.php

Nice work! I agree about the bowtie, boutonniere, and swap out fish/gun, but if it simply just looked like your photoshop I would not only buy him, but also not cancel the other 4 I currently have preordered.

Someday, someone is going to make a proper (i.e. high-end quality) BTAS and JLU statue line. I think I'll just wait it out.

Also, if you are on the SS Facebook group, you should post this pic there so maybe SS could see that they need to change this. (not that they really listen to feedback)

Nice work! I agree about the bowtie, boutonniere, and swap out fish/gun, but if it simply just looked like your photoshop I would not only buy him, but also not cancel the other 4 I currently have preordered.

Someday, someone is going to make a proper (i.e. high-end quality) BTAS and JLU statue line. I think I'll just wait it out.

Also, if you are on the SS Facebook group, you should post this pic there so maybe SS could see that they need to change this. (not that they really listen to feedback)

Thanks. I am in the Facebook group, but I'm not about to post it in there. I didn't make it to try to get them to change it, and I know they won't.

I just don't get it. Six years ago they made Venture Bros statues that were perfectly on model. They didn't sell well, so they canceled that line and then decided "Nobody wants any cartoon accurate statues?" WTF?

Last edited:
Thanks. I am in the Facebook group, but I'm not about to post it in there. I didn't make it to try to get them to change it, and I know they won't.

I just don't get it. Six years ago they made Venture Bros statues that were perfectly on model. They didn't sell well, so they canceled that line and then decided "Nobody wants any cartoon accurate statues?" WTF?

I think Sideshow got too big of an ego to go back and redo over the years

Harley is easily the best of this line! I like Superman to but can't justify the price they are asking. Batman...I'd wait for the classic yellow oval suit, if they ever do that version that is.

Totally wouldn't mind just getting Harley from this line. Worth considering...

Back