Sideshow DC Animated Series Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why they started going down this route, no one wants "Sideshow" comic inspired statues, I want pieces straight from the comics. Their new Batman is a disgrace.

At this point I don't even want them to do a Robin, a Nightwing or a Flash because I know they'll **** it up and add their own stuff to it.

I tend to agree BUT (to play devil's advocate) they sometimes do get it right (I think Green Arrow and Wonder Woman are good recent examples). So we just have to hope (or pray) that if and when they do make a Robin, Nightwing, or Flash, they lean in the positive direction :)

I tend to agree BUT (to play devil's advocate) they sometimes do get it right (I think Green Arrow and Wonder Woman are good recent examples). So we just have to hope (or pray) that if and when they do make a Robin, Nightwing, or Flash, they lean in the positive direction :)

You're right, their Green Arrow and new Wonder Woman do look amazing. I'll give them that.

Unfortunately the company is more hit than miss nowadays, across all their brands.

Hell their Star Wars pieces are now mostly miss.

You're right, their Green Arrow and new Wonder Woman do look amazing. I'll give them that.

Unfortunately the company is more hit than miss nowadays, across all their brands.

Hell their Star Wars pieces are now mostly miss.

I think you mean more miss then hit....

They seem to care more about what their artists want than what the customer wants.

They should have started with the classic yellow oval suit Batman and priced them $100 cheaper, then they would have sold very well I believe.

Yup, exactly.

I don't know why they started going down this route, no one wants "Sideshow" comic inspired statues, I want pieces straight from the comics. Their new Batman is a disgrace.

At this point I don't even want them to do a Robin, a Nightwing or a Flash because I know they'll **** it up and add their own stuff to it.

Absolutely! ...Or close to the comics, at least.

Yea, and I hear you about Robin, Rightwing and Flash. It's so deflating when SSC finally makes a character and its so far from the comic source.

Forgot I snapped this shot during NYCC in OCT

i4zltyG.jpg

Price aside, they're pretty gorgeous looking statues IMO. I see a lot of fighting going on over these though lol. I really really like that Batman one.

I think it's a decent number, look at the "Gotham Nightmare" line which baffles me.

"Gotham Nightmare" Batman EX Es 736 (?!?!? they cut this down? What was it originally?)
"Gotham Nightmare" Joker EX ES 650

And these sit in stock, not sold out, after being on display at two SDCC!! and discounted for Spooktacular!

"Gotham Nightmare" has no connection to ANYTHING, completely made up at least these Animated pieces have a long history in the DC mythos.

Was Nightmare Joker discounted during Spooktacular?

Nice statue but again way over priced given the obvious lack of detail in an animated piece.

I was really looking forward to getting all three when they were announced but they just don't have the animated series look to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy almost anything Wonder Woman but this piece at that price ain't gonna cut it. And what's with the asian overbite look to her face? Why is everyone sculpting these comic women with subtle asian features? She didn't look like this in the animated show. And the three star bottoms is just plain ol' lazy. I blame John Byrne for that. And McFarlane.

Could’ve been double that if they didn’t pull a Sideshow and actually give people what they want rather than an alternate interpretation/costume.

Could’ve been double that if they didn’t pull a Sideshow and actually give people what they want rather than an alternate interpretation/costume.

True, but it's still on par with the Avengers Assemble line numbers and they're 7 characters deep with 3 variants. There is some hope for this line yet. Who knows, they may just make the BTAS Batman version that we all want in a couple years.

Arm seams, no gold Bat logo on chest, slightly 'interpreted' look, plus price = I'm out. I love BTAS to death, having watched it during its original run with my father, so I'm gonna wait for something that brings back those memories. This doesn't...

Back