1/6 Sideshow Collectibles - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See it wasn't. I remember when the Star Wars figures started improving, people started clamoring for the originals to be redone Jedi Luke, ROTS Anakin, etc. The SSC reps said directly that they wouldn't redo or straight reissue a figure because it lessens the value of the previously sold product, that we'd have to wait for Endor Luke or something to revisit that character. Now these figures seem to have different accessories but I think they're splitting hairs at this point avoiding calling it a reissue...

So strange.

I wonder who will be "revisited" next?

Honestly, I'm actually kinda happy about it since I missed out on the Probe droid when it was first released. Just pre-ordered it for myself this instant. I do understand a lot of people would get upset though.

Edit: I also feel sorry for anyone who bought one on the after market for a higher price. That has got to sting.

So they reissue figures and penalize people late to the party by withholding accessories and raising the price.. Must be the new "sideshow exclusive.."

Fewer accessories, probably the budget packaging they've been using recently, on an almost straight-up re-release. This is the kind of stuff Medicom did with their Kubricks at the end, when they just skated by with cheap and easy re-releases for a last, quick buck. I think SSC's 1/6 days are drawing to a close. And for good reason.

All this Fett stuff coming out makes me wonder if he's going to be in the new movie?

Fewer accessories, probably the budget packaging they've been using recently, on an almost straight-up re-release. This is the kind of stuff Medicom did with their Kubricks at the end, when they just skated by with cheap and easy re-releases for a last, quick buck. I think SSC's 1/6 days are drawing to a close. And for good reason.

I agree with you. Added to that their complete lack of information on ANY Episode VII stuff. All the licenses have announced what they're bringing or in most cases released a fair amount of product. Why hasn't SSC at least announced anything?

The only thing that I see different so far (from one pic) is that the braids are different on this version. Maybe this one has a better body as well. Not that I'd be interested, already having the original Ex. and the new PF on the way.

Last edited:
It's supposed to have these differences as per European descriptions:

New Style Jet Pack Rocket Tip
New Belly Plate Sculpt
New Jumpsuit Pattern
Adjusted vest and jumpsuit colours

attachment.php

The Imperial Probe Droid also just came back on the webpage. Looks pretty similar to the old one. I never thought reissuing previously released figures was something they did. Them being collector's items and all.

probe droid available too...

Back