1/6 Sideshow Collectibles - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The be figure looks cool, if they improved the chest and jumpsuit that would be awesome, but I love my Ex ESB Boba and his light up and ex stand. Wish there was a way to just get the new improvements without the lack of accessories

The be figure looks cool, if they improved the chest and jumpsuit that would be awesome, but I love my Ex ESB Boba and his light up and ex stand. Wish there was a way to just get the new improvements without the lack of accessories

Two words: Toy Anxiety.

The only thing I can think of..... Was the Prototype fett the same exact mold / parts as the old ESB?

I only ask because I noticed this time around.. the ESB fett has the rocket with the extendable fins.

THE OLD boba fett did not have that - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-boba-fett-sideshow-collectibles-2128/

So, is this just a repaint of the Sideshow Prototype, in ESB paint? It seems that way. So any improvements you saw on the Prototype, expect it to be on the V2 ESB. Now the only selling point to this figure.. is if the IN-HAND armor is more accurate. As it stands I actually prefer the more subdued armor color of V1 than this olive green color on the V2.

We really have to wait and see what the greens turn out to be. I would buy V2 and keep V1 parts if it was more accurate. You know, until Hot Toys makes ESB. ;)

Ive already preordered hottoys the only ss piece i have is r2 and i think that looks cheap

Wow, just saw the Probe Droid is back up... what a load of crap.

Why? I buy figures/collectibles for my own enjoyment. If others get a chance, via reissues, to get that same enjoyment, I'm happy for them. After all, it affects my enjoyment not one jot.

Plus, if some parts are improved, I can pick them up on the secondary market, so I reckon good stuff all round.

Trying to unload my original exclusive Fett so obviously not purchasing this one. Hot Toys all the way. As for the Probe Droid, excited it is back up. Hope to order it soon.

Ah! Yep. Forgot about him! But at least they went back to the drawing board with him and it's a brand new figure!

Exactly.... Maul was one of the earlier figures and the new version is a complete redo. Fett is not that old... and this looks like it's primarily a repackage.

I think what irks me most about it is they are including a cool extra acessory with this one we didn't get with the original. It's bad enough they are re-releasing a limited edition item; but to re-release it with something extra the original didn't have is BS.

Not so mysterious really. They already did all the work, just release these for more money with less (or less cool) accessories, timed to the release of a new Star Wars movie, and they're milking the Star Wars cash cow.

Yeah, but Sideshow has stated very clearly in the past that they won't re-release a figure once it's sold out. Different versions and even a v2 are understandable, but this is just a repackage of a previously sold out figure. And a figure that was sold in pretty high numbers to begin with.

That one needs an update. So not really a reissue. More of a 2.0. These are straight reissues missing some accessories.

Yep

Never can have too many FETTS or MANDO'S so Ordered eventually will join the mighty Mando clan.

Based on all the pics, the most glaring difference to my eyes is the jumpsuit. The color and texture are different from the V1. Based on those pics, I prefer my V1 over this new release.

Back