Sideshow Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one ever reads my posts, ha!

Again...the line will be made up of bronze and cold-cast bronze statues. Wolverine is a cold-cast bronze statue (so it will NOT be anywhere near 4 to 5K or even 1K).

Keep on guessing! :)

-SideshowAlex
So real bronze statues will not have an alternative faux version? If so, that's a good move.

Yeah i think wolverine looks awesome! But why Bronze!!!! We should have a choice...Those who want Bronze(not many) and those who want regular paint app.....That would be awesome!

I love bronze, but only for extremely select characters.

The crossover between polystone and bronze "metallic dust" sounds like something I'd have to see in person to be making a decision.

So hmmm, under $1000, and with the poly mixed in...

My guess is: $500

Time will tell...

if the indiana jones price is anything to go by, sideshow are on the verge of price increase,

Looks like something Bowen has done to death. I do love that pose AND OUTFIT (brown Wolvie), but do we get that in a regular 1/4 scale statue format? No. :(

Yep, so we finally get a brown Wolverine, but it's like that? Bummer.

While bronze is not my cup of tea, Wolvie and Spidey are cool. I find Iron Man's pose just meh, though.

marvelsscclassicswolver.jpg

Yeah i think wolverine looks awesome! But why Bronze!!!! We should have a choice...Those who want Bronze(not many) and those who want regular paint app.....That would be awesome!

:goodpost: Agreed, the poses are awesome they should make them as regular painted polystone(switchout unmasked head for wolvie).

Well why don't you guys just say it's faux-bronze then? :lol

What scale are these then?

My understanding is that faux bronze is just the paint whereas these will have bronze in the statue itself mixed with resin, so it isn't the same.

No one ever reads my posts, ha!

Again...the line will be made up of bronze and cold-cast bronze statues. Wolverine is a cold-cast bronze statue (so it will NOT be anywhere near 4 to 5K or even 1K).

Keep on guessing! :)

-SideshowAlex

so what's the differance between cold-cast bronze and bronze statue then :dunno

so what's the differance between cold-cast bronze and bronze statue then :dunno

google teaches me this:

Cold-Cast Bronze or Bonded Bronze as it is sometimes called, is actually made of a polyester, epoxy or another resin. Bronze powder and paints are used to achieve the bronze appearance. Marble dust can also be added to the resin to achieve a marble look, hence bonded stone.

Hot-Cast Bronze is actually Bronze - essentially copper and tin; the tin not exceeding 11%. Other metals may be added to give different characteristics to the metal.

google teaches me this:

Cold-Cast Bronze or Bonded Bronze as it is sometimes called, is actually made of a polyester, epoxy or another resin. Bronze powder and paints are used to achieve the bronze appearance. Marble dust can also be added to the resin to achieve a marble look, hence bonded stone.

Hot-Cast Bronze is actually Bronze - essentially copper and tin; the tin not exceeding 11%. Other metals may be added to give different characteristics to the metal.

Thanks for dropping this knowledge for us...:peace

Back