Sideshow Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are dumb....any superheros stuff in Bronze is stupid. Easy Pass.

Your opinion is yours; others may like these.

Bowen did it... and did it better too.

These haven't even been released yet, how can you say Bowen did it better? At least wait until the final product is released.

Yeah i think wolverine looks awesome! But why Bronze!!!! We should have a choice...Those who want Bronze(not many) and those who want regular paint app.....That would be awesome!

They have done painted statues (including Wolverine) already; now they are trying something different. Bronze has traditionally been a medium for fine art statues.

I love bronze, but only for extremely select characters.

The crossover between polystone and bronze "metallic dust" sounds like something I'd have to see in person to be making a decision.

So hmmm, under $1000, and with the poly mixed in...

My guess is: $500

Time will tell...

I have a couple of cold-cast bronze pieces. The look almost like real bronze but aren't nearly as heavy because they aren't real metal, just metal dust mixed in. The Mindeyez Gears of War statues were cold-cast bronze for example, they looked fantastic!

Affordable! :yess:

Still a 2/10 chances I'll bite. We'll see when they release the pics.

Better be 1/4 or at least 1/5 scale. Too bad it won't be a WWH.

google teaches me this:

Cold-Cast Bronze or Bonded Bronze as it is sometimes called, is actually made of a polyester, epoxy or another resin. Bronze powder and paints are used to achieve the bronze appearance. Marble dust can also be added to the resin to achieve a marble look, hence bonded stone.

Hot-Cast Bronze is actually Bronze - essentially copper and tin; the tin not exceeding 11%. Other metals may be added to give different characteristics to the metal.

oh thanks man, now that i know that i'll definately be passing on this one if essentially it's just another version of faux bronze....

now if it was bronze even at the higher price i'd probably get some of my faves.

oh thanks man, now that i know that i'll definately be passing on this one if essentially it's just another version of faux bronze....

now if it was bronze even at the higher price i'd probably get some of my faves.

It really is different than just faux bronze, which is just a paint job. Cold-cast bronze actually has bronze metal powder mixed into the resin, so it looks amazingly like real bronze, just isn't as heavy or cost as much. Still, it isn't real bronze and is considered a resin type statue, so just slightly above faux bronze.

It really is different than just faux bronze, which is just a paint job. Cold-cast bronze actually has bronze metal powder mixed into the resin, so it looks amazingly like real bronze, just isn't as heavy or cost as much. Still, it isn't real bronze and is considered a resin type statue, so just slightly above faux bronze.

probably will be one of them things you'll have to see in person to notice the differance.:dunno

I love the classic looks of the characters. How about a new line of classics without the bronze? Wow, there's an idea!

BB

2cosxhy.png

Why is spidey surfing...

First the Red Hulk, then Gray Hulk and now these faux bronze pieces. Sideshow try to find as many way as they can to milk some collectors. Regardless, how much i don't like it, there are a small group of people out there are willing to buy it.

Finally getting brown costume Wolverine, but not what everyone was expecting. If it was a PF I'd be in for sure but I can pass on bronze.

If Spider-Man is cold cast and nowhere near $1k like Alex said for Wolverine, I'll more than likely get Spider-Man. The pose looks good, definitely a classic Spider-Man pose.

Wow $300 is quite reasonable. So this is faux then? Looks to be 1:4 scale too. since wolverine is my second favorite Marvel character, I will probably pick this up.

Need more info on this material and process. I like bronze, but don't collect Marvel. We'll see what's up with this after a few pieces are out, then see if they ever make anything to suit my collection taste.

So I really want more information on this new series. Will each release be offered in full bronze and this cold cast, mixed with polystone alternative?

From the site:

"...each presentation focuses on gestural quality and raw sculptural aesthetic, by utilizing either traditional bronze or cold cast bronze mediums. Traditional foundry bronze delivers an unmistakable visual and sensory appeal, with its distinctive luster, substantial weight, and cool to the touch feel. We’re also employing a cold cast bronze technique, which integrates metallic powder and polystone, to create an affordable alternative to traditional bronze while preserving its inherent look and feel."

Back