Sideshow City of Tanis - Map Room 12" environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw this in person. Holy crap is it huge. It is going to be well worth the money. The price is uber reasonable for what you get. Cannot wait to get this bad boy, just not sure where to put it.

The 'Temple' enviro is pretty cool looking, would look good with 'adventure' Indy, but I can't believe it's the same price as the Map Room???!!! You get way more bang for your buck with the Map Room IMO...

As for a 'Cairo' type enviro, I think the 'Recon at Waypoint' actually looks potentially better, with the window and the cracked plaster facade revealing the bricks. You just need some custom baskets on the ground. I find the 'Desert Weapons Cache' looks too "Tattooine" like for my tastes...something about the archway...Looks too Long Ago in Galaxy Far, Far Away...:lol

No coincidence there. SS has designed all of these environments to be universal. None of the "Joe" environments (excluding the Cobra Throne) look exclusively "Joe". Serpent Temple looks like it was meant for Indy. Weapons Cache looks very Tattooine. I'm using The Temple of Anubis for my Maproom Indy. It's a great looking piece which originally cost $90.

The 'Temple' enviro is pretty cool looking, would look good with 'adventure' Indy, but I can't believe it's the same price as the Map Room???!!! You get way more bang for your buck with the Map Room IMO...

As for a 'Cairo' type enviro, I think the 'Recon at Waypoint' actually looks potentially better, with the window and the cracked plaster facade revealing the bricks. You just need some custom baskets on the ground. I find the 'Desert Weapons Cache' looks too "Tattooine" like for my tastes...something about the archway...Looks too Long Ago in Galaxy Far, Far Away...:lol

That temple environment is pretty massive though!

I need something like 100x100 cm or 100x 140 cm when we talk Chachapoyan temple scene........Im thinking boulder, Ferility Idol Pedistal and im thinking 1:4 scale

something like this maybe...but more detailed more serious

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
saw this at the show and it made me cancel my order. just too damned big.

Ironically, the larger size makes me want it more! But yes, it's very big and I don't have the space (or the money for that matter).

Still an awesome piece. Very impressive size. Sideshow really should have shown an overhead view of the piece in the gallery shots to show off the scale. Maybe if I come across a good deal in the aftermarket, I'll find somewhere to put it.

IMG_0497.jpg

I'm impressed by the size. If I had the available funds (well, technically I DO but it's my moving fund so I'm not gonna touch it) I'd actually go ahead and order it.
I thought it was smaller based on the original pics but DAMN it looks nice.

So this thing will not fit in IKEA Detolf display cabinet? :(
Please let me know and thank you.

No way. It will rest on top of it... but probably going over the sides.

No way, no how. The Detolf is about only 16 inches wide. This monster is about 25 inches wide. Which means it'll hang over by four or five inches on both sides if you display it up on top.

In my collection room I have a row of several Detolfs lined up and plan to display this on top of two of them.

I know Ikea's Besta cabinet is also a favorite among collectors. It's bigger (and more expensive), but I'm not sure about the dimensions.

Hope that helps! :wave

Pardon my ignorance, but did Sideshow create this to accompany the Hot Toys DX figure? And if so, are they doing other diorama's for other figures? And if so, is there a thread somewhere dedicated to the announcement/discussion of these accompanying dioramas? Thanks!

SSC announced a while ago that they will be collaborating more closely with HT. Be it in R&D for figures, or in producing items to accompany associated products(like dioramas). So, yes, this is for the HT Indy. We should see more dioramas, but as this is the first, we don't know yet. I'm assuming you're asking in regards to a possible 89 Batman church dio that you were talking about?

Back