Sideshow City of Tanis - Map Room 12" environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, nobody seems to want my map room. Makes me sad. I thought it was pretty cool. Oh well. I'm just trying to get rid of what I have left. I took a major bath on it. Wonder if Sideshow is having the same trouble with theirs.

Sorry about the price. I thought it was a good deal at $100. Guess I was wrong. Should have been $10 apparently. The humanity. Definitely my last project.

It was just at the wrong place and time. If Sideshow hadn't come out with theirs, I believe yours would of sold like crazy. It obviously took a lot of time and research and it shows. Don't let it discourage you, you have a great talent that shouldn't be wasted.

i agree with the above take on the situation... Had Sideshow not released their set I have no doubt yours would have sold out.. I had started collecting images and materials to do a project for 1/6 Indy figures for some time and then started a "is there interest in this particular item thread".. which was then pretty much hijacked by someone that essentially said, oh hey, there is interest in this.. well here, buy them from me... was kind of a bummer.. but I didnt let it discourage me from other ventures.. you have a lot of talent... keep up the good work and dont stop..

It was just at the wrong place and time. If Sideshow hadn't come out with theirs, I believe yours would of sold like crazy. It obviously took a lot of time and research and it shows. Don't let it discourage you, you have a great talent that shouldn't be wasted.

:lecture What he said.

Your map room was outstanding. It would be a shame for you to quit altogether.

I have one of IndianaPaul's Map Room sets and it's amazing. Incredible attention to detail. Don't give up, seriously, you have a lot of talent and it would be a shame to loose you.
Have you tried selling these over on Club Obi Wan? I would bet you'd sell a few sets there.
I have a real good friend who runs the Italian Indy forum, maybe he could try and sell some too for you...?
If I can help push some of the remaing sets, I will do so.
Best
Mark

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'll take any help I can get. If anybody wants a set, just let me know. I think I have like 10 left.

Paul... considering your sculpting and casting talents.. I'd like to see you do something like the skull altar from TOD to display sankara stones... don't see Sideshow ever doing something like that..

I would buy one if I didn't have the Sideshow one on the way. It's hard to compete with that.

That is a great idea. Would love a 1/6 scale version. Got my tod set today so my indy is 90% ready.

Paul... considering your sculpting and casting talents.. I'd like to see you do something like the skull altar from TOD to display sankara stones... don't see Sideshow ever doing something like that..

Apparently not. Supposed to be released soon and not much hype; this is the plight of Sideshow Indiana Jones products. They really need to get this stuff out sooner before all the interests disappears.

Just got my 15 day shipping notice! :yess:

Item arrival: 15 days
Order #:
Item #: 100084
Item name: City of Tanis -Map Room Environment - Indiana Jones - 1:6 (Raiders of the Lost Ark)
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $199.99
Discount: -$184.75
Deposit Paid: -$20.00
Item total: -$4.76
Ship cost: $21.19
Total: $16.43

Just got my 15 day shipping notice! :yess:

Item arrival: 15 days
Order #:
Item #: 100084
Item name: City of Tanis -Map Room Environment - Indiana Jones - 1:6 (Raiders of the Lost Ark)
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $199.99
Discount: -$184.75
Deposit Paid: -$20.00
Item total: -$4.76
Ship cost: $21.19
Total: $16.43

Nice discount! :O

Me too!

I am reluctantly passing on this one. I've waffled back and forth countless of times trying to decide whether to get it or not. But it's just too darn big and I don't have the proper space for it. I'd be spending $200 on something that's just going to sit in a box in storage.

Who knows, though. Maybe if there's a good sale down the road I may jump on it.

Back