Sideshow City of Tanis - Map Room 12" environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow City of Tanis - Map Room 12" environnment

Here's somehwat of a better comparison:

100084_press10-001.jpg

218.jpg

There is some German writing in red on one of the buildings in the film, couldn't find a screen shot of it though.

While i'm sure there were some 'artistic liberties' that were taken in the sculpting/painting process, It looks cool enough and close enough to me to convey the essence of the scene, so I'm stoked for this! :rock :rock :rock

Yeah, there's German writing and, if memory serves, a measuring tape laid out. Presumably this is from when the Germans made their (incorrect) calculations for where to dig.

While i'm sure there were some 'artistic liberties' that were taken in the sculpting/painting process, It looks cool enough and close enough to me to convey the essence of the scene, so I'm stoked for this! :rock :rock :rock

Yeah, I have no nitpicks with this offering at all (I'm even good with the price based on its size... it's actually a better deal than some of the other environments they've done). I'm completely happy with this, and it will be showcased in my collection.

I just brought it up since so many people here are so adimate about 100% screen accuracy for every millimeter of every figure that I thought it would be interesting to see who complains about this one.

I just brought it up since so many people here are so adimate about 100% screen accuracy for every millimeter of every figure that I thought it would be interesting to see who complains about this one.

Normally, I'd complain about something being off but the only thing I have to say in a negative context here is that it needs a measuring tape (which I'm fairly certain that accuracy nuts like me can replicate.)
This environment is too cool for me to nitpick over and honestly, I can't afford it at the moment anyway BUT if I could. It would be on preorder and you wouldn't hear a negative peep from me.

The german writing, if memory serves me correctly, is "nicht stoeren".. which is "do not disturb"..

I was afraid something like this would happen

Hey Dave, are you going to have a link from this site for the Indy environment? Since I'm going to order it I might as well give you some credit for it!

Edit: Found it!

Last edited:

This is the greatest idea!........ that i don't have the space or financial backing to support. Damn you for creating everything my inner child desired!

I would have probably been sold if this had been a Well Of Souls environment...

Still really a nice piece!

I just have no intention of displaying Indy in this gear... it doesn't scream "Indy" to me, it's just a scene from the film.

M.

I would have loved for Sideshow to take it one step further and produce a limited run 1:6 Indy maquette that you could display with the environment. Then that would have turned it into a dio for both the 12" collectors and the statue collectors.

I would have loved for Sideshow to take it one step further and produce a limited run 1:6 Indy maquette that you could display with the environment. Then that would have turned it into a dio for both the 12" collectors and the statue collectors.

:goodpost:

I don't personally collect maquettes, but that's actually a pretty great idea! :clap

What about a special 1/6 scale PF? Wouldn't have to be too complicated. Basically a 1/6 maquette wrapped in fabric robes and topped with a fabric turban.

(Yeah, I know PFs are traditionally 1/4 ... but it would be pretty darn cool, right? And wouldn't be too hard!)

I suppose if the Indy stuff sold better ...

Here's somehwat of a better comparison:

100084_press10-001.jpg

218.jpg

There is some German writing in red on one of the buildings in the film, couldn't find a screen shot of it though.

The Obelisk Penile is out of proper scale in the photos.Sideshow made their's bigger

They made their penile BIGGER?!?!?!

Bastards.

Could that be an optical illusion? Maybe it just seems bigger because, on the actual set, Indy is further away from the buildings. Also, the angle of the Sideshow picture seems to be a touch lower.

Maaaaybe?

Or perhaps Sideshow just got a little excited! :nana:

It's really hard to tell what's in proper scale or even if the spacing between buildings is accurate. But it really doesn't bother me at all. It looks fantastic!

Only problem for me is money and space. I can scrape together the money, but the space is at a real premium in the corner where my stuff is displayed. And that thing is huge!

It's really hard to tell what's in proper scale or even if the spacing between buildings is accurate. But it really doesn't bother me at all. It looks fantastic!

Only problem for me is money and space. I can scrape together the money, but the space is at a real premium in the corner where my stuff is displayed. And that thing is huge!

I hear that! My home office is crammed with this stuff!

And this baby's huge! It kills me, but I think it might be time for me to rotate some of my current display pieces into storage. :monkey2

But you gotta do what you gotta do! Because the alternative -- not getting this enviro -- is just not an option!

Back