Sideshow City of Tanis - Map Room 12" environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look a bit out scale when you display the figure with it, but it's still an awesome-looking piece.

Indeed it is but it's close enough. The one thing I noticed that kind of bugs me are the rather large footprints sculpted into the base. Some are bigger than Indy's boots!

Just got mine a few minutes ago... needs a serious amount of fuller's earth weathering.. but an AWESOME display piece.. now just to find a place to put the damned thing... it is HUGE !

Indeed it is but it's close enough. The one thing I noticed that kind of bugs me are the rather large footprints sculpted into the base. Some are bigger than Indy's boots!

well, the Nazis were supposed to have gone down before Indy and taken their measurements... maybe some of the footprints are intended to be theirs?

Yeah, and them Nazi's have big feet!

SOOOO on the fence about this one! It looks great and I fancy myself a serious Raiders fan, but WHERE oh WHERE do I put the darn thing!?!

Who am I kidding? It'll be ordered by the end of the week. ;)

Still have to get mine. I don't have the space for it but i bought it anyway :). What is fuller earth weathering?

Just got mine a few minutes ago... needs a serious amount of fuller's earth weathering.. but an AWESOME display piece.. now just to find a place to put the damned thing... it is HUGE !

I went Dewback over this... Still, if I can find the room and get this on the cheap I'm in... Looks plenty big in the last pics posted by nomad74. And 39 pounds!! Yikes!! The Dewback was 33! This must be solid polystone.

Just checked the Sideshow site about the weight issue. It says:

Product Weight: 25.00 lbs

Est. Shipping Weight: 30.00 lbs

Dimensional Weight (DIM): 39 lbs

Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM): 46 lbs

I think the "Dimensional Weight" number is a calculation used by shippers and isn't technically the weight of the box. (I could certainly be wrong.)

But even so ... 25 lbs is still a heafty heap of polystone!

:lol This:

1936 - When his old friend Marcus Brody and the US Government discover a Nazi excavation in Egypt, they pay a visit to Dr. Indiana Jones to find out what the Nazis seek. Indiana Jones quickly realizes that the Nazis, aided by Indy's old rival Rene Belloq, have discovered the ancient city of Tanis, which holds a Map Room revealing the location of the Well of the Souls - the resting place for the Ark of the Covenant. Said to house the Ten Commandments and grant incredible power to the one who can open it, the Ark would allow the Nazis to destroy vast stretches of the world.

To find the Ark before the Nazis, Indy must retrieve the medallion headpiece of the Staff of Ra from his old girlfriend Marion Ravenwood, unaware that Nazi agent Toht is following close behind. The two men cross path in a fiery brawl that leaves one side of the medallion's carvings burned into Toht's palm, the medallion safe with Marion. Traveling to Egypt, Marion and Indy seek the help of Indy's old friend Sallah, while Belloq attempts to read Toht's injury as a map to the Ark.

After translating the medallion's carvings, Indiana Jones enters the Map Room and places the medallion atop the Staff of Ra. Positioning the staff, Indy waits for sunrise, and as the first rays shine through the medallion's jeweled center and onto the model city of Tanis that lays over the Map Room floor, a beam of light pinpoints the Ark's resting place within the Well of the Souls. One step ahead of the Nazis, Indy and Sallah begin excavating the well and uncover the Ark with the Nazi's close on their tail.

It doesn't take long for Belloq to realize the missing pieces of the medallion's puzzle. The Ark of the Covenant unearthed and the Nazi's in close pursuit, a struggle begins that would ultimately land the relic and Marion in the wrong hands. Indy closes in on Marion and the Ark, only to be captured himself. In their rush to unleash the relic's incredible power, Belloq and the Nazis have forgotten the Ark's sacred requirements and soon find out the weight of their impatience.

So the whole time Brody was in cahoots with these guys??

089.jpg

100.jpg

I wonder if Junior even knew??

Fuller's earth is a fine dust colored powder used by the movie industry to weather costumes.. I use it on the clothing on figures as well..

Just got mine! I have a SS Indy that I dressed up in the HT Arab disguise, along with the staff and medallion of Ra. My question to you guys, do you have to cut off a piece of the pointed tip of the staff to make it rest neatly in one of the holes? (had to carefully phrase that, lest I hear another "that's what she said" remarks from my son!)

Just got mine! I have a SS Indy that I dressed up in the HT Arab disguise, along with the staff and medallion of Ra. My question to you guys, do you have to cut off a piece of the pointed tip of the staff to make it rest neatly in one of the holes? (had to carefully phrase that, lest I hear another "that's what she said" remarks from my son!)

I used a dremel on the hole to make the staff fit.

Back