Premium Format Sideshow Black Widow Premium format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You going for this one, filip?

Or is it a pass for you?

I can't remember if you have the XM. I know a lot of fans were happy with that one.

You going for this one, filip?

Or is it a pass for you?

I can't remember if you have the XM. I know a lot of fans were happy with that one.

No, she's not on my 1/4 list. I do have the Tim Miller Bowen BW statue in my 1/6 Avengers collection though. Don't have room for her in 1/4 scale. Wouldn't pick this up anyway. I like the EX portrait but I'm not a fan of the costume. Seems to be a running theme for me with sideshow PFs nowadays.

The ex is far better than the reg head however what's going on with the weird straight hairline? And it doesn't save the statue IMO

Like the reg. For me the ex is to much America’s Next Top Model. Reg is the face of a fighter. Ex is the face of a model playing a fighter.

Fullscreen capture 02022018 080946.jpg

If the stupid PVC breast plate would have been matte finish and blend in with the rest of the suit, i.e not scream BOOOBS then this statue (with the EX head :lecture) would have been a pretty damn good piece IMO and I would have pre-ordered for my BW collection.

IMO the Ex portrait is much better than the reg.

:goodpost:

Unfortunately it's typical Sideshow when it comes to getting it wrong. They should have gone with gloss/PVC shoulder caps and the sections on the gloves (maybe knee pads), and left it at that but no, they had to go a step to far and shove the armored 'boobs' plate on because in one of the development meetings, Bob from accounting who just happened to be in the room thought it would look cool :lol

It's a shame because with the EX it's a 7/10 :slap

The ex is far better than the reg head however what's going on with the weird straight hairline? And it doesn't save the statue IMO

Aaaaaand there it is. I was wondering if anyone else would notice lol. Ex is definitely better but damn that hairline! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K, we get it. Lots of folks not interested.
For those that are do you think there will be a swap out left hand to hold a weapon like in the art print?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not liking the scarjo head but loving the comic head! SS did an excellent job on the ex option here. Good old days!

No, she's not on my 1/4 list. I do have the Tim Miller Bowen BW statue in my 1/6 Avengers collection though. Don't have room for her in 1/4 scale. Wouldn't pick this up anyway. I like the EX portrait but I'm not a fan of the costume. Seems to be a running theme for me with sideshow PFs nowadays.

I just looked up the Bowen one. I couldn't recall it, but still looks great all of these years later.

I guess I'm still waiting for that one BW piece that wow's me to no end. This one (Sideshow) isn't it, but I like it.

Well ...in any case ...we will get to see this in full reveal this coming Wednesday on SideShow Live. Hopefully, she looks much better as a whole ...even with that shiny breastplate and other armor parts. We shall see ...

But if she doesn't look good enough to PO, then at least I still have my XM Black Widow to hold me over until we see another Black Widow 1/4 scale statue.

I missed Tim Miller, hope ss has him back to do more projects in the future. I still own the white version from him. Sold the black version since I didn't need two of the same. But I will keep one white and one black suit version now with this new one. Hope its a 300 or less ES for the EX now that we are all in the saturation stage with almost nothing going for retail anymore.

For those that are do you think there will be a swap out left hand to hold a weapon like in the art print?

Has SS ever given more then one extra on an Exclusive?

Obviously, I don't know 100%, but I'm thinking we'll get a swap out hand as well.

If the normal pattern persists, then the new Black Widow blog should go up today ...and we should have access to the full reveal pics. SSC is going to display her in tomorrow's SideShow Live.

It wouldn't surprise me. Although it's basically going to mild tweak of:

bw.jpg

If they went with the 'art print version' I feel this could have been much better. The pose for is more appealing (IMO) and bad ass, the machine pistol holding hand at her side also looks more natural.

You can see what they were trying to do with the breast plate as it looks fine in the concept / art, but should have been tweaked when creating the actual piece.
- I mean they've changed the arm position, and added a different sculpt (maybe even switch out arm) so why not tweak the paint used on the breast plate so that it's not so awkward on the eye.

Personally, I don't think they'll do a switch out hand like they did with the previous Black widow, I think it'll be as-is with the alternate head sculpt.

Back