Premium Format Sideshow Black Widow Premium format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't thrilled with this piece at first but it is growing on me. Then, I looked at the price again and frankly, I can't believe this is almost $600 (when you add in shipping). I probably would have picked it up too if it was in the $450 range. Oh well. It just proves the point that these days (with the prices so high), you can really only order what you LOVE.

It just proves the point that these days (with the prices so high), you can really only order what you LOVE.

I have no idea why people would do anything other than that and if anything it's probably a part of the reason why prices have risen the way they have.

It seems like a lot of people around here buy statues for the sake of buying statues, not because it's something you actually really REALLY like and want to own. So if that's the mentality Sideshow probably (correctly) assumes that people will continue buying them regardless of what they do with the prices and if you're someone who may have bought 6 statues at the prices of a few years ago, you'll still buy 3 statues at the prices they are now and they're completely fine with that.

I have no idea why people would do anything other than that and if anything it's probably a part of the reason why prices have risen the way they have.

It seems like a lot of people around here buy statues for the sake of buying statues, not because it's something you actually really REALLY like and want to own. So if that's the mentality Sideshow probably (correctly) assumes that people will continue buying them regardless of what they do with the prices and if you're someone who may have bought 6 statues at the prices of a few years ago, you'll still buy 3 statues at the prices they are now and they're completely fine with that.

I personally only buy stuff I really love but Sideshow flex payments give people the buy all mentality honestly.

I just meant that I might be on the fence with a statue and if I had the space and the price was right, I might be in. For example, I wouldn't say Black Widow is one of my top 5 characters BUT if for example, I was putting together an Avengers team, then I would be interested.

I agree with your point though that you should LOVE all of your statues but if that is the case, then most persons collections would be pretty small (unless they collected different statues of the same character).

I just meant that I might be on the fence with a statue and if I had the space and the price was right, I might be in. For example, I wouldn't say Black Widow is one of my top 5 characters BUT if for example, I was putting together an Avengers team, then I would be interested.

I agree with your point though that you should LOVE all of your statues but if that is the case, then most persons collections would be pretty small (unless they collected different statues of the same character).

Collecting teams with sideshow is practically impossible. They don't complete lineups. Want a FF PF lineup? Too bad, you only get the Thing. How about a Lee X-MEN lineup? Sorry, no Lee Storm for you. Thinking about an Avengers PF lineup? Think again, no Ant Man or Wasp. Want a Guardians of the Galaxy PF lineup? Ain't happening without Starlord and Drax. When it comes to buying sideshow merch, lineups are the last thing anyone should be thinking about.

Collecting teams with sideshow is practically impossible. They don't complete lineups. Want a FF PF lineup? Too bad, you only get the Thing. How about a Lee X-MEN lineup? Sorry, no Lee Storm for you. Thinking about an Avengers PF lineup? Think again, no Ant Man or Wasp. Want a Guardians of the Galaxy PF lineup? Ain't happening without Starlord and Drax. When it comes to buying sideshow merch, lineups are the last thing anyone should be thinking about.

Agree on your point. SSC definitely has had issues with this. For me, I don't mind mixing company statues though so an XM Hawkeye works for me if I was working on an Avengers lineup for example.

Or Beast
Or Iceman
Or Archangel
Or Jubilee
Or Wonderman
Or Black Knight
Or Tigra

Or Beast
Or Iceman
Or Archangel
Or Jubilee
Or Wonderman
Or Black Knight
Or Tigra

Or even some of the newerish characters like Rachel Grey (not even that new since she came in the 80’s), Bishop, Forge, Banshee, Havok, Polaris, Dominoe, they’re finally doing Cable but that’s only because of Deadpool 2

Back