Premium Format Sideshow Black Widow Premium format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Sideshow has ever tried to contact him and work together on anything..

He's definitely available since his divorce. Having to shut down his company certainly has left him with some time on his hands. However, I don't know if Randy ever could work for this new sideshow. He won't do made up costumes. He has too much respect for the source material to ever stray on costumes as far as sideshow is doing nowadays. He takes tremendous pride in doing comic accurate work. That's something sideshow couldn't care less about recently.

He's definitely available since his divorce. Having to shut down his company certainly has left him with some time on his hands. However, I don't know if Randy ever could work for this new sideshow. He won't do made up costumes. He has too much respect for the source material to ever stray on costumes as far as sideshow is doing nowadays. He takes tremendous pride in doing comic accurate work. That's something sideshow couldn't care less about recently.

Yeah, they probably wouldn’t anyway

What IS Randy doing at the moment? (An honest question.) I know the divorce was rough, but I thought he had a new company in the works.

If a statue doesn't sell out, it's simply because sideshow overestimated a characters popularity and has a bloated ES on a piece (or it looks really bad). Statues will sellout if you hit the sweet spot on the ES. Also, sideshow isn't interested in instant sellouts anymore. They have no problem keeping stock and eventually selling out years later. If sideshow can sell out of 200 Venomsaurus COMs, 1500 Darkchilde COMs, 1550 Bucky Cap PFs, or 850 Abomination PFs, they will have zero problems selling out any of the characters I listed. My point is that they have made many obscure characters and they sold out. There is no excuse for abandoning lines. Finish off the Fantastic Four PF line. Finish off the Lee X-MEN PF line. Finish off the Avengers PF line. Also, finish off the classic Big 7 JL line. These lines aren't missing a ton of characters. Ant Man and Wasp are founding members of the Avengers. The Lee X-MEN line needs Beast, Storm, and probably a classic Mags because he's the X-MEN's most popular villain. The classic JL lineup needs Flash and Martian Manhunter to complete the Big 7. Basically, 10 PFs can finish off most of the lines I have mentioned. There's no way anyone can convince me those PFs can't get made and make sideshow money. They have sold out of far less popular characters and made money on them. There are no excuses, as far as I'm concerned, for sideshow's refusal to make most of the characters I've mentioned. None.

I expect and understand revisits of super popular characters. They do finance the more obscure ones. However, you can't expect me to believe a 1/5 Wasp statue can get made, but a classic 1/4 Wasp just doesn't make sense financially for sideshow. That math doesn't add up for me.

Makes perfect sense.

He was a master at it. That, and sticking to comic accurate costumes.
Not everyone who makes these buys cares about comic accurate outfits. The people who frequent forums are a tiny set of the people who make purchases. wasn't it proven half the people it not more who buy even read comics?
As much as I'd like to, I know I don't.

"Comic costumes" are just one artists interpretation of the look just like sideshow or prime 1's sculpts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sideshow could have had an ES on the EX Batwoman PF of 300 and it'd sell out. Same with Cheetah. They blew the ES and overestimated those characters popularity. Venomsaurus and Manthing had edition sizes of 200 and 300 respectively. It's as simple as that. Better yet, make a Flash, Robin, Two Face, Scarecrow, or Nightwing PF. Think those won't sell? Sideshow has no excuses.
Obscure females will definitely sell more then an obscure male piece.

Not everyone who makes these buys cares about comic accurate outfits. The people who frequent forums she a tiny set of the people who make purchases wasn't it proven half the people it not more who buy some even read comics.
As much as I'd like to o know I don't.

"Comic costumes" are just one artists interpretation of the look just like sideshow or prime 1's sculpts.

I love reading comics but I'm no purists when it comes to costumes. It really just comes down to taste. What get's you excited. I feel those who restrict themselves in that manner will often miss out on some great art pieces.

Not everyone who makes these buys cares about comic accurate outfits. The people who frequent forums she a tiny set of the people who make purchases wasn't it proven half the people it not more who buy some even read comics.
As much as I'd like to o know I don't.

Yea this is why I don't understand the concept of the "classic costume" too well. Most characters outfits have changed many times over the years and will continue to change with new storylines and new artists come on board. Seems to me like it just kind of comes with the territory

Man, that hairline is bad - it just looks TOO straight. Also, I'm still not a fan of the glossy black paint on the chest area (I wish it was more of a matte paint). Otherwise, this isn't too bad.

Definitely not a bad statue. I think it's great without the EX portrait.

Planning to get the REG down the line.

Yep it doesn't look too bad but still a little too gi joe than black widow. The EX headsculpt is really nice apart from the hairline

A common theme for Sideshow these days - the new Cap PF, the new Batman PF, the new Poison Ivy PF, the new DD PF, the new Elektra PF, the new Mystique PF...

Back