Prop Sideshow AVP Alien Egg Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the egg its looks great near my alien queen facehugger

The more i looked at this plain jane AvP egg, i actually started to like it more and more. besides the fact that its from AvP, had no face hugger inside and it isn't even open...

Well that's until i read your post.

UNLESS! You did the tentacle/intestine style laying on a chunk of Giger-esque Jockey ship floor.. :drool

That'd be beautiful..

After i read this, made me realize all over again why i passed on this in the first place!.. thanks bro and yes that would be incredibly beautiful, no doubt!! :drool :drool

Dammit SS, why can't you make in egg like this?!?! :monkey2

The more i looked at this plain jane AvP egg, i actually started to like it more and more. besides the fact that its from AvP, had no face hugger inside and it isn't even open...

Well that's until i read your post.

After i read this, made me realize all over again why i passed on this in the first place!.. thanks bro and yes that would be incredibly beautiful, no doubt!! :drool :drool

Dammit SS, why can't you make in egg like this?!?! :monkey2
That's how SS rolls... Why make a Giger Alien maquette with a Jonesy in cat-carrier exclusive, when we can just make a Giger Alien maquette! YAY!!! :1-1:

There are so many great ideas that they pass on for whatever stupid reason...

I am actually considering getting this egg, though. I'm going through an egg phase. Wish it were Giger style though. :monkey2

That's how SS rolls... Why make a Giger Alien maquette with a Jonesy in cat-carrier exclusive, when we can just make a Giger Alien maquette! YAY!!! :1-1:

There are so many great ideas that they pass on for whatever stupid reason...

I am actually considering getting this egg, though. I'm going through an egg phase. Wish it were Giger style though. :monkey2

yeah, i hear yah, why would they tend to do that?! .. anyways, i'm going through the same "egg phase" also.. i was really considering removing the base (if possible) and doing something else with it entirely..

i've been looking for an egg for some time now and like some others have said before, if SS doesn't make anymore eggs after this one (b/c of lost in interest) then this would be one of the last times that i can get my hands a quality egg.

ohhh crap i'm leaning towards getting that dreaded AvP egg again! hahaha! :cuckoo:

Question:
Do you think that SS will make another egg the way we (the collectors and Alien fans) want it made (the way it should've been)? Even after this AvP egg flops sunny side up?
No.

Just forget about that. Not going to happen.

No, No, No. NEVER going to happen. EVER. NEVER EVER EVER.

I doubt we'll get another egg, and If we did.. I doubt it'd be on a base like the one I mentioned.
We're probably only getting this one because all of the AvP props are still nice and fresh...

I still like the base on this one though..

No.

Just forget about that. Not going to happen.

No, No, No. NEVER going to happen. EVER. NEVER EVER EVER.

I doubt we'll get another egg, and If we did.. I doubt it'd be on a base like the one I mentioned.
We're probably only getting this one because all of the AvP props are still nice and fresh...

I still like the base on this one though..

oh well, thanks for answering my questions. i guess SS just scrambled all my beautiful 1:1 Alien egg dreams for good.

guess i'll just have to wait for that infamous egg chamber dio to come out. whenever that'll ever happen. at least then i'll be able to get a half a dozen lil eggs at least :rolleyes2

Saw that one.. Wouldn't the rubber material deteriorate easily or something?

Yep, and it limits the types of paint & glossing you can use. Its like if Hot Toys made one. Not a fan of the material, myself... :nono
UNLESS! You did the tentacle/intestine style laying on a chunk of Giger-esque Jockey ship floor.. :drool

That'd be beautiful..

Thanks for the idea! :hi5: I was just going to do it on some LV-426 stye grating. Maybe I'll just do both! :yess: :D

While I'm sure many of you would have preferred something like this:

AttakusEgg.jpg

My 1/3 scale Egg & Facehugger from Attakus

Im frightened to think what sideshow would have charged for it... :horror

Well if SS released this as an open sculpt showing part of the facehugger doing its swirling thing inside the egg I might have considered it.

500 for an egg? Nuts. At least have it hatching or something Sideshow. What a boring way to spend five bills.

While I'm sure many of you would have preferred something like this:

AttakusEgg.jpg

My 1/3 scale Egg & Facehugger from Attakus

Im frightened to think what sideshow would have charged for it... :horror

actually i wouldn't want the hugger in that position. I'm too used to see it leaping out.

I would have preferred a light up function where you could see the shadow of the hugger inside. That would have been nice.

Ah well, money saved i guess.

Actually, I just compared the egg size with a few pieces I have.

63 cm isn't exactly small. The egg would actually be taller than the predator 1 maquette and that isn't exactly puny. :lol

Back