Prop Sideshow AVP Alien Egg Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AVP

Reading all the comments, I got the feeling the price issue might be more of a movie issue. I understand how hated AVP can be (I'm not very fond of it myself), but $500 (even less when ordering from retailers) doesn't seem that high to me, considering how huge and detailed this replica seems to be. It doesn't even fit in the popular Ikea Besta cube :

SideshowAVPAlieneggscale.jpg

Reading all the comments, I got the feeling the price issue might be more of a movie issue. I understand how hated AVP can be (I'm not very fond of it myself), but $500 (even less when ordering from retailers) doesn't seem that high to me, considering how huge and detailed this replica seems to be. It doesn't even fit in the popular Ikea Besta cube :

SideshowAVPAlieneggscale.jpg

i would've dropped 500$ on the original egg, like you said, for me the issue is that this is from AVP not the "real" ALIEN film - the design IS distinctly different to me - the scale, well it's significantly smaller than the original egg, but as said before, i'd even go for a 1:2 scale if this was the original design, now this worries me cause no one is really impressed by this and won't buy it, which means sideshow won't bother to make the original version ... this is why it sucks to start off with the crappier designs of lesser films - why not start at the top with the classics :(

You are going to start getting weird looks from freinds and family. :lol

i have to put up with their lame decor of fish and dolphines and crap! ... at least they get to see something cool and iconic hehe, sides, if they don't like it, don't come over, all my friends enjoy the hell out of my collection :lol

Looks really cool! The detailing is great! Love the slime/peeling skin effects.
I'll pass, though.
If it was from Alien or Aliens with facehugger leaping out, I'd get one.

the design IS distinctly different to me

You know, I read the same kind of comment in other threads : some people can tell the props/designs differences between movies (not just Alien movies). Well, most of the time I can't and I don't think it's that important. But I definitly understand how these differences can prevent someone from purchasing.

this is why it sucks to start off with the crappier designs of lesser films - why not start at the top with the classics :(

Perhaps because if you sell the most popular item first, you might not be able to sell lesser interesting designs after ? What's happening with the Preds Bios is a good example of that marketing strategy.

Since SSC is releasing the Big Chap maquette, I don't think it's a license issue, unless 1/1 replicas are not part of the deal.

Looks really cool! The detailing is great! Love the slime/peeling skin effects.
I'll pass, though.
If it was from Alien or Aliens with facehugger leaping out, I'd get one.
I personally prefer my eggs closed. I'm not quite sure why..

I can not stand the Aliens eggs, well, the flaps atleast. They're so thin and plant-like. Alien's eggs will always remain my favorite.

You know, I read the same kind of comment in other threads : some people can tell the props/designs differences between movies (not just Alien movies). Well, most of the time I can't and I don't think it's that important. But I definitly understand how these differences can prevent someone from purchasing.
TIS VERY IMPORTANT! :lecture
BIG DIFFERENCE!

The original egg is MUCH bigger, and does not have the weird bubbley shapes on it. Someone posted a pic of Giger holding one a few pages back, I believe.

that's the difference. the original egg was a piece of art. essentially, a sculpture by Giger. the AVP eggs are just reused props from Resurrection.

that's the difference. the original egg was basically a piece of art. a sculpture by Giger. the AVP eggs are just reused props from Resurrection.
What do the Aliens eggs look like, I can never remember. :lol
Only those awful flaps...

from Aliens? i think they were pretty similar to the ones in Alien. they might've even been reused. i don't remember them much either.

^ That's what I figured...

I assume the A3 egg was a resused one from Aliens, and I do not believe there were any in AvP:R...

wasn't the egg in A3 really small? it looked small anyway. i think it was an entirely new prop.

edit - no i don't remember any eggs in AVPR. the huggers were all in those tubes in the pred ship for some reason.

wasn't the egg in A3 really small? it looked small anyway. i think it was an entirely new prop.
Yeah, after I posted that I started thinking "wait a minute.."

Well didn't ADI do Alien 3, and Alien Resurrection?
And AvP/AvP:R of course...

Could it be the Res/AvP style?

yep, it was ADI.

trivia: the music video director Chris Cunningham worked on some of the efx and design too.

and no, i remember the egg in A3 looking totally different from the ones used in later movies.

edit - never mind, found a screenshot.

cap044.jpg

it totally looks like the Resurrection/AVP eggs.

yep, it was ADI.

trivia: the music video director Chris Cunningham worked on some of the efx and design too.

and no, i remember the egg in A3 looking totally different from the ones used in later movies.

edit - never mind, found a screenshot.

cap044.jpg

it totally looks like the Resurrection/AVP eggs.
Ah... I want some eggs now.

I was actually thinking about getting this, but then I took out my measuring tape... :thud: Tis tiny..

Is there anywhere I can get an Alien egg? Alien as in, the first movie..

that's the difference. the original egg was a piece of art. essentially, a sculpture by Giger. the AVP eggs are just reused props from Resurrection.

Nope, mate. The AVP eggs are more reminiscent of the one from Alien 3, I would say. Maybe not exactly the same, but either way, they're definitely not based off Resurrection. Those eggs were a brownish color and were particularly chunky, especially in the opening flaps.

Resurrection:

alien-egg-2.jpg

AR_egg&host.JPG

AVP seems to be an entirely new sculpt with a few minor similarities to the third film, if anything. They took a shape close to that of A3 and elaborated the side detailing and such. All of the flicks had their own thing going on, the first AVP included (though I'm not sure if AVP-R ripped off AVP... it probably did).

Ah... I want some eggs now.

I was actually thinking about getting this, but then I took out my measuring tape... :thud: Tis tiny..

Is there anywhere I can get an Alien egg? Alien as in, the first movie..

Ebay seller 3dwizart sells some big eggs, but keep in mind that they are unfilled/unpainted rubber eggs for $325 (shipped).

Im going for the SS egg, its more detailed, more manageable size wise, and I can always do some "touch-ups" to it if the factory paint fails to impress. :naughty

Also, assuming this comes as 2 parts (egg & base), I will be making an alternate "tentacle/intestine" base for my egg! :yess:

Ebay seller 3dwizart sells some big eggs, but keep in mind that they are unfilled/unpainted rubber eggs for $325 (shipped).
Saw that one.. Wouldn't the rubber material deteriorate easily or something?

Im going for the SS egg, its more detailed, more manageable size wise, and I can always do some "touch-ups" to it if the factory paint fails to impress. :naughty

Also, assuming this comes as 2 parts (egg & base), I will be making an alternate "tentacle/intestine" base for my egg! :yess:
This is what I would have prefered. Although it would be easier to find a place to put it with the stone base I believe...

UNLESS! You did the tentacle/intestine style laying on a chunk of Giger-esque Jockey ship floor.. :drool

That'd be beautiful..

Back