Prop Sideshow AVP Alien Egg Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm actually quite interested! The only real "downside" is that the AVP egg (25inches with base) is smaller than the "Alien/Aliens" eggs (29inches egg alone). But the slightly smaller egg does make for a little easier displaying, so I'm fine with that.

And while I would prefer a cheaper price, it isnt too far-fetched considering that 1/1 eggs will run you $325 currently on ebay, and thats a raw, rubber, un-filled, AND unpainted egg. So a little over a $100 more (after site discounting) for a fully painted resin egg is ok by me. :D

And it will just look too awesome in the corner of the theater room...

Last edited:
Damnit, I want this.

Why can't SS care about us, the collectors, and not our cash for a FREAKEN CHANGE?!

i can't believe there are still people who come on here and bellyache about the price of a high-end collectible. this isn't the Spawn boards, find a cheaper hobby.

.. not bad. Might pick this up. We'll see what else comes up at SSDC.

It looks cool, I can image how awesome it would look in my room. But alas, the price is a little too steep for me. ____, even if it was $200 I would pass, not worth it to me. That doesn't mean it isn't great looking, I just feel I would get bored with it and loose interest mighty quick :lol. That sounds bad, I am not trying to sound like a flipper. It's hard for me to express my feelings on here. Forgive me.

Looks cool to me, for what it is and the movie it is from. Why all the squealing about the price? Is is easily going to be bigger than most life size busts and it is a prop replica.

Looks cool to me, for what it is and the movie it is from. Why all the squealing about the price? Is is easily going to be bigger than most life size busts and it is a prop replica.
I have a feeling the paint will not turn out very well... I guess that is why I wish the price was a bit lower.

I have that feeling with everything SS releases now, though.

I have a feeling the paint will not turn out very well... I guess that is why I wish the price was a bit lower.

I have that feeling with everything SS releases now, though.

There is that and Sideshow is really good at releasing less desired versions of different pieces before the more popular ones. Look at what is happening with the Predator bios at the moment, they are making their own imaginary ones while shelving the original P1 and P2 until later. And I don't need to get into the new C3PO bust double dip. So there will probably be an open egg version of this, and Aliens version and an Alien in the pipeline.

i was really excited when i first heard about the 1:1 scale ALIEN egg by sideshow ... first came the disappointment that it's from that crapfest called AVP, which meant different design - ok, design can be altered, but then i saw the dimensions and i just can't imagine it being the right size considering the original eggs were a "bit" bigger

5911235331_a1748c2898_o.jpg

what do you mean?

Correct me if I'm wrong in assuming whatever I might be assuming, but don't collect something just because it's rare and don't let an ES change your mind about an item. If you actually want it for what it is, great. If not, that's fine too. It's just that comments like those imply only the intention to sell and a general lack of enjoyment and interest in the piece itself. That's just my thought though.

i was really excited when i first heard about the 1:1 scale ALIEN egg by sideshow ... first came the disappointment that it's from that crapfest called AVP, which meant different design - ok, design can be altered, but then i saw the dimensions and i just can't imagine it being the right size considering the original eggs were a "bit" bigger

5911235331_a1748c2898_o.jpg

to be very honest, if it came in that size, I would definitely be out.

Where in the world would you display that :horror

Back