Sideshow Armored Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally Ordered this! I was on the fence until the in hand pics started to come it. It looks great and will display well with the Batman PF.

thanks again for sharing all you pics fellas!

FYI...

The batteries used are button cell batteries with 1.5 voltage. You can use Energizer LR44 1.5V Button Cell Battery for replacements if needed; 2 are required.

Im looking into a Soap Reactor atm.

^ I have to disagree with you to an extent SS7. While the portrait may feel cheap, remember, it has LEDs, wiring, batteries and an on/off switch in it. All things considered on a piece thats not supposed to be touched its just fine imo. I didnt get those impressions from my base, not like the WW base. Its overall a heavy and solid PF.

:duff:

The head doesn't bother me either, but the base has a cheap looking paint job. The brown rocks look terrible. The statue itself is magnificent, one of my favorite sideshow statues already. I can't stop looking at it. Definitely the best movie Batman statue sideshow has ever done, and arguably better then their comic ones too (I like it better then my modern bats pf). It has so much presence, he looks badass. The ex is no joke either

So glad I didn't listen to the complaints about the mouth and ordered this. It is an absolute beast! the sculpt, paint apps and details are excellent.

IMG_6529.JPG

IMG_6530.JPG

IMG_6532.JPG

IMG_6533.JPG

IMG_6534.JPG

IMG_6535.JPG

IMG_6536.JPG

I just unboxed mine yesterday and imo the face could be better, but given the real estate size of it any 'minor problems' I have with it are exactly that minor.

But the face does lack the physical texture like the style used by Prime 1 Studios and Iron Studios. Heck I think the headsculpts used by Hot Toys have better textures and aren't completely smooth as it seems on Armored Batman.

Now to the complaints I've read on the base. When first pulling it out of the box, at first I thought it was heavier enough, but afterwards I could literally bounce it from hand to hand without any difficulty! I can't even do that with the bases on my 1/6 scale Iron Studios pieces.

The paint app on the base is also a bit lackluster. The rocks are fairly plain, but still better then the recent Iron Studios 1/4 scale diorama bases. I also feel the black ring was painted much better on the standard suit PF. It seemed more metallic maybe? I don't know how others feel about Kylo Ren's 1/4 base, but imo that's one of the better painted bases I've received from Sideshow, it's so detailed and layered and I wish they did the same here (not the whole base per se, but the part on top of it. The rocks, soil, roots etc were all so well done that I hate that so much of it is obscured by the mixed media).

I don't think anyone's commented on the weight of the body, but given its volume/size I feel that it should've been heavier. To me it's quite bonderline on what should be acceptable, and I can just imagine on how hollow the body actually is.

But aside from these little quibbles that I have with this piece, I believe the overall presence of the statue is quite impressive.

Imo the end result was much better than the standard costume 1/4 PF, as I never really liked its pose nor how the cowl/neck were sculpted, as well as imo the bad paint app on the face section.

Looks good. If I get across one at our local BST groups for a good price, I might be very inclined to buy :)
Definitely pick it up if you get the chance. The paint apps and details on the suit are excellent, I tried to take some close up pics to highlight the details. You can also see a bit of the bat symbol on the chest poking out from the side of the armor.

Great setup @aa909 with both the EX and also the QMX batarang!!!
Thanks! The QMX batarang is a cool display option with these two.

Back