Sideshow Armored Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I was just thinking, there's no way you can fit this guy in a Besta with doors wielding that spear of his.

Nice. Besta? What are the measurements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not a Besta. You can't fit those two together like that, at least not with that much space between them anyway. I'm going to give it a shot in my Besta to see how it works/looks.

It's probably a Pax.

That's not a Besta. You can't fit those two together like that, at least not with that much space between them anyway. I'm going to give it a shot in my Besta to see how it works/looks.

It's probably a Pax.
Hey guys, Yes it's a pax display

IMG_1484.jpg

For those interested, I tried putting both 1/4 Batflecks in a Besta, and it doesn't really work.

If you put risers of at least 6 cm under the standard costume PF you can squeeze them in, but there's a limitation on angle positioning.

IMG_0838.jpg

After trying this I immediately took him out, as I didn't really like the look all that much.

Note that a single cube probably wouldn't work at all given the height of the Batman PFs.

And does anyone else think Armored Batman is oversized?

... And does anyone else think Armored Batman is oversized?

I originally thought so. Really was strange. But then when I took a good look at how thick the armour is, I don't think he's necessarily over-sized based on the sculpt beneath. The armour is THICK.

And does anyone else think Armored Batman is oversized?

He's definitely bigger than the PF, but if you visually try to picture the PF with all that heavy armor, they really are proportionally sized IMO

Got a message back from sideshow they are sending me a replacement head and i will have to destroy the old head and send them pictures.

Ok, I need opinions, because I keep going back and forth in my mind about how I feel about this piece. I love the design, and the sculpt of the suit is spectacular. I just can't get over that the likeness isn't there. I had the Regular Batman ordered, and cancelled it because of the paint issues and ordered the Prime One 1/3 scale. I'm REALLY trying to see Affleck in the head, but I can't and it's bothering me spending $500 on something that's not the definitive representation of the character that was on screen. My brother got me into Sideshow, but said the only things they get right are aliens and their own interpretations, and that they rarely nail a likeness. Is this true? Am I being too picky?

Ok, I need opinions, because I keep going back and forth in my mind about how I feel about this piece. I love the design, and the sculpt of the suit is spectacular. I just can't get over that the likeness isn't there. I had the Regular Batman ordered, and cancelled it because of the paint issues and ordered the Prime One 1/3 scale. I'm REALLY trying to see Affleck in the head, but I can't and it's bothering me spending $500 on something that's not the definitive representation of the character that was on screen. My brother got me into Sideshow, but said the only things they get right are aliens and their own interpretations, and that they rarely nail a likeness. Is this true? Am I being too picky?

For the Armored version, accuracy imo doesn't matter as much as other pieces, as you can't see much of the face anyway, but then again you couldn't see much of the standard PF either, but the paint imo was so bad on that, that it made me regret purchasing it.

Especially after purchasing the half scale, and I've preordered the 1/3 SS version and probably will do the same for the Justice League line. I'm 'planning' on winning the lottery so I can buy a bigger house :pray:

I've only had the Armored version for like a couple of days, and I don't regret the purchase.

And unfortunately it is true, at least recently for Sideshow, that their accuracy especially on production pieces for human facessculpts haven't been great. IMO some have been downright terrible. I have since moved on to Iron Studios and Prime 1 pieces where such things matter.

I am not buying much sideshow either sticking with Prime 1 mainly they are a bit more expensive but i am pretty much completely satisfied with their work.

Here's my review... and a little bonus.

Love that little bonus that you showed there.

I'm really interested in the custom piece. I just hope that given the relative size, that shipping to Australia isn't too much.

Also when I was watching your very indepth review with my own Armored Bats next to me, I noticed that towards the front end of the exclusive weapon, that yours had little additional pieces like little loops that aren't on mine! And I just checked the official Sideshow photos as well for confirmation.

Could someone please take a close up photo so I can see exactly want I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

Back