Sideshow, are you taking notes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVILFACE said:
Well damn, why do you buy SS figures if they are so inferior to a $10 toy?

I've said it before and I'll say it again Sideshow is all about the licenses.

Wor-Gar said:
If you have an extra Dragon head, you could try to cut the bottom portion of the neck and glue it on to your Reagan head to extend the neck. Just a small quarter inch or so would extend your neck about right. I had to do this a long time ago and it worked fine...as long as you have a collar that covers the gluework.
I don't have an extra dragon head, but that's a pretty good idea, maybe the neck from my Bush figure will work. I have two because on the first one that paint got rubbed off or turned purple or something. Looked like half his face was bruise.

Agent0028 said:
I have a really good Reagan head that I want to use on one of these toy president bodies, but his neck isn't long enough. He's got a barbie doll style neck joint. Any idea what I could do?

I made this with a sideshow body I blew up... It's pretty well articulated.
Mepics109.jpg

Mepics110.jpg

Mepics111.jpg

snakebeater said:
I made this with a sideshow body I blew up... It's pretty well articulated.
Mepics109.jpg

Mepics110.jpg

Mepics111.jpg

Sideshow, are you taking notes? Look what you can do with your figures elbows!!!

I just got the toy president suit... amazing... the pants are a bit baggy.... but the body is WAYYYYYYYY better proportionate then the SST body.....

I would take a picture of my bruce wayne custom, but I can't.. or atleast not until next month... I don't have my camera with me.

i have the roosevelt toy presidents figure myself.
The tailoring is exceptional.
one of the best for 1:6 figures and at $10 a suit, that's an unbeatable bargain.

The reason they look a bit "akward" on some of our modern characters is because most of the suits are desgined quite ACCURATELY according to HISTORICAL figures.
Yet, yes, some of the modern george bush one's aren't the best either.

captain sack said:
i doubt that's gonna happen.

i think the reason these suits/body sets are so cheap is because the company made way too many of them. the suits you're buying are from the boxed figure sets that have the heads removed from them.

Yep. I got a postage quote to Australia - $US40!!!! for a suit. Unless someone in the US is willing to serve as a mailbox for me by ripping the suit off the figure and throwing it in an envelope I'm afraid its a miss. Its a shame - I wanted the Jefferson suit for a custom figure :(

I'm betting you could probably save some money like that.
Maybe $20 or so lol

If you need, i could help but you'd have to calculate and research all the costs here and fro so all I have to do is reship the item's clothing to you.

PM me if need me so.

I bailed on Sideshow's military figures lines because of the poor uniforms. Once I saw that DiD was making far, far superior uniforms on figures that retailed for about the same money (and more detailed equipment, weapons, boots etc) I stared buying DiD and never looked back. The Sideshow uniforms that came with the Continental soldier and redcoat were more like the old SOTW uniforms than what DiD was doing. The uniforms on Sideshow's WWI figures were also very disappointing. Poor boots, rough/coarse material for the uniforms and poor molding of other items. I bailed on that line after two figures. There's just too much high quailty stuff coming out to warrant buying poorly done figures. Likewise, some of the Bond 1/6th figures had awful outfits. If they were $20 that's one thing, but when they're asking $40 or $50 there's no reason that we can't expect the quality to match what DiD, Dragon and others can do for the same price.

Back