Sideshow, are you taking notes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a quick side by side comparison of the Bush Jr. jacket with the Sideshow Skinner jacket. They are both navy blue jackets, but are made of different fabrics.

img5444600editqf1.jpg

img5443600editpd1.jpg

JustinLuck said:
Yeah, I'm waiting for the Bush Sr. suit to come back in stock. I like the look of it, for the exception of the missing jacket pockets.

i doubt that's gonna happen.

i think the reason these suits/body sets are so cheap is because the company made way too many of them. the suits you're buying are from the boxed figure sets that have the heads removed from them.

JustinLuck said:
Here's a quick side by side comparison of the Bush Jr. jacket with the Sideshow Skinner jacket. They are both navy blue jackets, but are made of different fabrics.

img5444600editqf1.jpg

img5443600editpd1.jpg

Yeah the ToyPresidents' suit is much better looking than Sideshow's. I'm surprised that the pin doesn't look too out of scale. It acually looks really good. I really want to order some of these, but there are a few I want that are "backordered" that I want to come in stock to ship all at once. :eek:

snakebeater said:
so it's only the acessorie set right? it doesn't include the body or anything correct? thats why it's 10 bux?

It does include the body. Bascially everything but the crappy heads.

I'm looking into getting some suits and some loose Bond figures to make suit Bonds. For example, I think the 2nd Reagan would make a good Roger Moore. suit. Einstein would make a good Connery suit. etc. Not sure what would look good on Brosnan or Craig though.

Buttmunch said:
I'm looking into getting some suits and some loose Bond figures to make suit Bonds. For example, I think the 2nd Reagan would make a good Roger Moore. suit. Einstein would make a good Connery suit. etc. Not sure what would look good on Brosnan or Craig though.
I was eyeing those exact same suits for Moore and Connery. If they won't work on a Sideshow body though I won't bother.

hey does anybody know how long they take to ship it? do they ship stuf immediately? I choose the 5-7 day fedex shipping..

TheObsoleteMan said:
I was eyeing those exact same suits for Moore and Connery. If they won't work on a Sideshow body though I won't bother.

:lol Great minds think alike right?

So then are the suits too big or too small for Sideshow bodies. Or do they infact work with them?

Buttmunch said:
:lol Great minds think alike right?

So then are the suits too big or too small for Sideshow bodies. Or do they infact work with them?

Well, I just got the Truman suit... and the pants will work fine with SS's long legs, BUT the suit jacket sleeves are going to be a bit short (due to SS extended arms). These TP suits work much better with Dragon bodies.

Hope that helps...

Wor-Gar said:
Well, I just got the Truman suit... and the pants will work fine with SS's long legs, BUT the suit jacket sleeves are going to be a bit short (due to SS extended arms). These TP suits work much better with Dragon bodies.

Hope that helps...

Are they part 9 Jason short? :lol If they look fine with arms bent then thats I'll I care about. I prefer the Sideshow bodies myself. Less work than changing head, bodies, etc.

I can't recommend the suits with the Sideshow bodies. But it's not ToyPresident's fault. The suits were tailored to fit their bodies perfectly. It's just too bad Sideshow bodies have extra long forearms.

does anybody have a picture of the toy president body? or atleast the neck joint without the head? Thanks.

I want to see what I can do to attach my bruce wayne head... I already made a neck joint that fits the head.

JustinLuck said:
I can't recommend the suits with the Sideshow bodies. But it's not ToyPresident's fault. The suits were tailored to fit their bodies perfectly. It's just too bad Sideshow bodies have extra long forearms.

Other than the forearms being too long do they fit well? I'm not one for swapping bodies but if it doesn't look good at all I'm not sure I'll bother. Any chance I can get a pic of the suit and/or shirt on a Sideshow body?

Well fortunately, if you are willing to learn how to sew, it's a relatively easy fix. There is enough material on the inside (that attaches to the inner lining) to lengthen them. I am waiting for my Generation Life bodies to arrive and see how the clothes fit on them.

I've found the sleeves on many Sideshow figures to be short, if you bend their arms, which is invariably what you do. Not so much of a problem if you don't take them out. I wish they would do something about that after all these years. Either shorten the arms or lengthen the sleeves. I just want to be able to hide the wrist joint is all.

I have a really good Reagan head that I want to use on one of these toy president bodies, but his neck isn't long enough. He's got a barbie doll style neck joint. Any idea what I could do?

TheObsoleteMan said:
Are the sleeves just kinda short on a Sideshow body or comically short?

The jacket on my Truman suit is just long enough to look good on a Dragon body. I tried it on a Sideshow body but the long arms stuck out too far, even with arms bent. Without some sewing to lengthen the sleeves it would look silly.

Agent0028 said:
I have a really good Reagan head that I want to use on one of these toy president bodies, but his neck isn't long enough. He's got a barbie doll style neck joint. Any idea what I could do?

If you have an extra Dragon head, you could try to cut the bottom portion of the neck and glue it on to your Reagan head to extend the neck. Just a small quarter inch or so would extend your neck about right. I had to do this a long time ago and it worked fine...as long as you have a collar that covers the gluework.

Back