sideshow and toy fair 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how you aren't impresed by either Indy 1/4th both of the sculpts are quite amazing.

I second Something Sexy on the Indy PF sculpts!

Batman Professor, I was so blown away with the accuracy of the PF sculpts, that I stopped collecting the 1/6 line altogether. I actually had the 1/6 Indy in-hand and decided to return it.

Completely agreed. The Indy sculpt was so very incredibly amazing. I can't see how one can complain about it. It was Ford and better than anything else to date by a longshot. Now, the paint application is another thing, but the sculpt was pheonominal.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Batman Prof, I don't know what you were looking at, but the PF likenesses are dead-on. I also dropped the 1:6 line completely in favour of the PFs. I recommend you take a closer look, i.e. in person, at the PF headsculpts and I guarantee you'll change your mind.

Thanks for your heartfelt input guys. It's great to be on a forum where we can discuss without jumping down each other's throats. I should have been clearer in what I meant. I mean "likeness" in the broadest sense of the word, including paint apps and costuming. The KOTCS Indy is an excellent piece, but not the Indy I prefer. The ROTLA PF has issues IMO that prevent me from buying it. I can easily mod an $80 action figure, but find it hard to break out the Dremel and airbrush for a $300 collectible.

As for the choice of Belloq, I agree that costuming and headsculpt are what made it a poor choice.

The other thing is that it's easier for me to justify the 1/6 purchases, as my main collecting budget is dedicated to The Bat.

Wouldn't it be great if we could get a PF for the latest representation of the Joker. I for one would be first in line with my money!

Wouldn't it be great if we could get a PF for the latest representation of the Joker. I for one would be first in line with my money!

You very much would be first in line with your money as I would be first in line with my money ;)

Did Sideshow just not reveal much at ToyFair this year? Maybe they're waiting for Comicon. Kinda disappointed they didn't announce any new Avatar PF stuff yet.

You very much would be first in line with your money as I would be first in line with my money ;)

Did Sideshow just not reveal much at ToyFair this year? Maybe they're waiting for Comicon. Kinda disappointed they didn't announce any new Avatar PF stuff yet.

Was a pretty lame Toy Fair, but I believe they said it would be smaller because this year they want to break up Toy Fair and SDCC so that each week they have more to show then waiting until their big events.

Back