sideshow and toy fair 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is sideshow not go to toy fair 2010 in NY this year?:banghead

it is the first time!:monkey2

No, it's been a while since they've gone. They stated a while ago that they would no longer be attending and would be saving everything for the booth at SDCC. They usually just promo stuff on their website.

Any chance we'll see some new Indy stuff at this years online event? Mola Ram was a surprise so you never know...

Well, we know they've been working on the 1/4 TOD Indy PF and the 1/4 Ark of the Covenant replica. Perhaps we'll see one or both of those! :naughty

I would love (Valentine's Day and all) for a special surprise announcement where the 1/6 line has been restarted with all new bodies for TOD Indy and Mola Ram...

But then-- I've always been an eternal optimist.

:drink Half full... and waiting to be half full once more...

I would love (Valentine's Day and all) for a special surprise announcement where the 1/6 line has been restarted with all new bodies for TOD Indy and Mola Ram...

But then-- I've always been an eternal optimist.

:drink Half full... and waiting to be half full once more...

I'm with you, I'm blindly optimistic. For instance, I think it would be a nice valentines day surprise to preview Indy's love interest in 1/6... despite the fact that Sideshow has said on numerous occasions that it isn't going to happen.

If anything the only thing we will see will be 1/4th ToD or the 1/4th Ark. I doubt we will see anything else unless they surprise use with another 1:1 prop or something.

I just don't get SS's thinking sometimes. This line would still be going strong if they had done a TOD Indy instead of the German uniform version, and a Mola Ram instead of Belloq. I mean Belloq, really? I'm much more of a 1/6 guy at heart, and SS has yet to impress me enough with their 1/4 Indy likeness to get me to pull the trigger. Of course it's all about profitability, so 1/6 Indy is dead,and I feel it's not as much the fans to blame as it is Sideshow.

Belloq wasn't a bad choice, he is the main bad guy of ROTA, Indy's oposite.

No, but there were definitely aspects about him that were WTF. The sculpt being the first, and after investing time in Adventure Gear Indy and the temple base/w Idol, they went and released a Belloq (outfit-wise) that came much later in the movie.

or the ceromonial robes so he would go nicely with melty head toht and the ark! if sideshow ever decides to go the 'dx' style route and re-issue figures that should have been better 1st time round then belloq cant be far from the top of that list!

I was definitley happy with the choice of Belloq.. ( favorite villain of the series).. German INdy was lame though.. TOOO easy to kitbash with the superior WW2 German stuff already on the market.. no way Sideshow can top stuff by DML or Did in that department... should have done Maproom Indy

I just don't get SS's thinking sometimes. This line would still be going strong if they had done a TOD Indy instead of the German uniform version, and a Mola Ram instead of Belloq. I mean Belloq, really? I'm much more of a 1/6 guy at heart, and SS has yet to impress me enough with their 1/4 Indy likeness to get me to pull the trigger. Of course it's all about profitability, so 1/6 Indy is dead,and I feel it's not as much the fans to blame as it is Sideshow.

Not sure how you aren't impresed by either Indy 1/4th both of the sculpts are quite amazing.

I second Something Sexy on the Indy PF sculpts!

Batman Professor, I was so blown away with the accuracy of the PF sculpts, that I stopped collecting the 1/6 line altogether. I actually had the 1/6 Indy in-hand and decided to return it.

Not sure how you aren't impresed by either Indy 1/4th both of the sculpts are quite amazing.
Completely agreed. The Indy sculpt was so very incredibly amazing. I can't see how one can complain about it. It was Ford and better than anything else to date by a longshot. Now, the paint application is another thing, but the sculpt was pheonominal.

Back