Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks alien-ish but it lacks a Giger-esque quality. As someone posted before, if Giger designed it, it would probably have some sort of sexual element.
I do like the pose and the swarm of aliens. Not so sure about the colors and the paintjob though. I'll reserve judgment for when I see normal shots without fancy lighting or ideally, up close.

This looks insane:

attachment.php

Looks more like something from the Starcraft universe than ALIEN/ALIENS.

Not a fan of the 'King Alien' concept, not a fan of the overbaked 'it's like an Alien, but more extreme!!!' design.

This one is definitely not for me, I guess. Hope it turns out well for those that do like it, though.

The more I see this, the more I like it. Watched the video twice now and blown away by the detail on this. I wonder if it's a character that may feature in a future movie?

The more I see this, the more I like it. Watched the video twice now and blown away by the detail on this. I wonder if it's a character that may feature in a future movie?

Disney does it that way, releases toys before the movie comes out, so maybe. The dude from Legacy in the video mentioned that he hoped it might become a character in a new movie. I have zero faith in a new Aliens movie. I'd bet money that it will be another crap dollar bin film.

Neil Blomkamp is in charge of Alien 5 and he's good. His latest movies are not great but still a lot better than Prometheus, and he has an awesome aesthetic sense. He usually employs Weta for special effects, tho, not Legacy. No idea who did special effects for Prometheus, the Sideshow Engineer didn't have Legacy involved I think

SSAlex has provided the measurements for this piece over at SF: over 20" height X 21" length X 13" width

Very good size. The alien queen diorama is 16Hx16x14 ($399.99) and that piece has a nice presence.
6c8d50cfbb1bd7c5cf5a439b6cd5a507.jpg

What wouldn't we all give for that to be released now at $399 ;)

That Queen, on this base would be perfect..

I wonder if it's a character that may feature in a future movie?

From Igo...

And to that point, it's totally made up - our own take. Others have done their take on this "idea" in the past as well, and this was just ours. So this isnt from a future film, it's just our design team having fun with Legacy to make something new and cool.

Definite pass :D

Still not sold on the idea of an 'Alien King' (I think it lessens the impact of the Queen) however this looks really, really good. I think I might get it.

Back