Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Giger had designed a King Alien he would've had a huge ****. Just sayin.

I THINK (but am not sure) that the idea originally came up in the Dark Horse comics - perhaps "Aliens: Rogue"? - although that is a human/alien hybrid.

There have been some cool GK's on the subject as well - here's the one that immediately sprang to mind - https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=36129.0

There was a King in the Aliens Rogue comics.

Tumblr_kytp15E6zJ1qa1o5zo1_400.jpg

The statue looks cool but price vs. a creature that didn’t appear on screen will make it a pass for me. I would have been more tempted had it been the Queen with Aliens Warriors at her feet.

I really wish this was the alien queen instead of this king. I'm not familiar with the comics.

I was hoping sideshow was going to bring back the alien queen project that was scraped years ago because it appears in their Archetype Volume 2 book.
f27140439904d535fce0c1a3fb3e6287.jpg

I wonder if this "King" will make an appearance in Alien 5.
Also, that Queen Dio has no hope of surviving shipping were it ever to become a reality.

This is not the first time a "King Alien" was made. I do see a very, very slight homage to the old Kenner toy with the pincers/horns? on the close sides of its head.

modern_kenner_aliens_king_alien.jpg

It's hard for me to get excited over this. The subject is a very niche character that, admittedly, I know very little about.
More importantly, this is a SS project and I've seen what they've been doing lately with pieces that have these bland colors (Space Jockey and Godzilla maquette come to mind). They don't invest enough in the paint to make the necessary shading effects to make the piece look appealing.

As others have mentioned, if this had been a queen with warriors, I would be all over this. But as is, I will pass. I'm actually relieved, since it means I won't have to endure the dread of wondering how the production piece will turn out.

It's interesting, a lot. A bit puzzled since in the comics, the King is engineered with human DNA and it kills Xenos on sight, it doesn't have the same ability of the Queen to command them. And while its appearance is overall similar to this one, there are big differences, so I guess it's an original take by Sideshow, which is always welcomed when done right.

Just wondering why the Legacy involvement tho. Prometheus 2/Alien Covenant is coming out Ocrober 2017. Scott's idiocy demanded that the actual Alien 5 is made only after Covenant. So there's no chance that this is based on some maquette for the coming movies, it's way too early. Maybe it's based on some older unused maquette/concept done by Legacy for the rejected King Alien that Cameron wanted in Aliens?

I think this is just meant as a kind of mythos piece rather than as being faithful to any comic or future movie, along the lines of the star wars stuff. I doubt the studio would be willing to allow creature design spoilers at this stage anyway.

You asked the same question over on SF and were told 1:4-1:3 would be huge.

Nearly as big as the 1:4 Transformers you want :slap

Stop acting dumb!

A 1/3 or 1/4 scale maquette of this would be ridiculously big and not very practical for most to display, without mentioning extremely pricey. I do hope hope at least it is bigger than the SS Alien Queen Diorama, which I am not quite sure what scale it is. Hopefully between 24" and 30"...but somehow I think it will be in scale with the queen diorama.

You asked the same question over on SF and were told 1:4-1:3 would be huge.

Nearly as big as the 1:4 Transformers you want :slap

Stop acting dumb!

I'm not acting dumb if someone told me the scale I would not ask again. So what is this scale? 1/5 or 1/6 I'm guessing since it looks like we will never have a chance for bigger. I love aliens and predator now more so after I saw the p2 at my friends house wow the size of that thing was the best I've seen. Just hoping for a alien to match his scale soon.

I'm not acting dumb if someone told me the scale I would not ask again. So what is this scale? 1/5 or 1/6 I'm guessing since it looks like we will never have a chance for bigger. I love aliens and predator now more so after I saw the p2 at my friends house wow the size of that thing was the best I've seen. Just hoping for a alien to match his scale soon.

Don't you have the Big chap maquette? That does match the P2's size already. His point was you keep saying the same silly things even though you have had those comments answered elsewhere. It sometimes feels like you just do it on purpose which is why people tend to be short with you. This likely is not going to be 1/4, certainly not 1/3 as that would be silly. We don't know the scale any more than you do at this point so any answer we give would be pure speculation, we'll probably find out tomorrow.

You are confusing scale with height/size.

You want to know how BIG/SMALL this thing is.

No-one knows.

Back