Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can those who own some of the other alien pieces made by SS speak to the quality of the paint in comparison to the proto?

Can't deny this looks awesome in the video. To echo many others...if this was the Queen it'd be an instabuy.

After seeing the video....l need it.
I would have preferred a Queen accompanied by each of the aliens from the 4 movies though. Or a Mount Rushmore-esque display of all the Xenos.

Looks like a face hugger face-****ed Diablo 3.

:lol:lol:lol

I just don't see the need for this when Sideshow can still improve on the accuracy of their canonical sculpts. It's clear they got Legacy onboard only to make this statue feel more legitimate.

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but does this mean the King is now considered canon ? Or this is just a big what if scenario shown for the statue alone ? Either way I think it looks pretty cool and would make a great centre piece in a collection room.

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but what does "canon" mean? I've never heard this word used to describe anything but a black powder weapon used in the civil war.

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but what does "canon" mean? I've never heard this word used to describe anything but a black powder weapon used in the civil war.

It means legitimate in terms of the movieverse.

So they did just get together and come up with this new character... To sell statues.

Can't see me paying what they'll be asking for it but that proto does look beautiful. Production could be a completely different story and it looks very fragile.

the alien king isn't a new character, i believe when the first script came out for alien 3, there was an add saying ''the queen is dead, long live the king'' alien 3.
But then the script en writers and such got changed for alien 3 a couple of times..

I THINK (but am not sure) that the idea originally came up in the Dark Horse comics - perhaps "Aliens: Rogue"? - although that is a human/alien hybrid.

There have been some cool GK's on the subject as well - here's the one that immediately sprang to mind - https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=36129.0

the alien king isn't a new character, when the first script came out for alien 3, there was an add saying ''the queen is dead, long live the king'' alien 3.
But then the script en writers and such got changed for alien 3 a couple of times.. and the king problably was to expensive?

Also Bruce Hansing created an alien king & there were some unused tag lines in the alien 3 movie adaption comics, let me look them up.

36525d2886fea0fdb248ab199f34b646.jpg

5a533480792d770d975ea8c199572750.jpg

I would have much preferred a killer, new maquette or diorama featuring an alien/aliens or other characters (a Ripley PF anyone?) that actually appears in one of the movies. Given the rising costs and my limited space, I feel I have to draw the line somewhere and will forego any of the concept/fantasy/mythos pieces such as this one...just my opinion.

Can't say I'm too impressed. Too much like comic book fan fiction to me, and doesn't look Gigerish at all.

I do really like the smaller aliens on it though. They look like a mix of the dog alien and big chap all in one. Would prefer a sizable statue of one of them instead.

Untitled.jpg
Untitledd.jpg

the alien king isn't a new character, i believe when the first script came out for alien 3, there was an add saying ''the queen is dead, long live the king'' alien 3.
But then the script en writers and such got changed for alien 3 a couple of times..

IMO If it didn't appear in a movie it shouldn't be labeled a Maquette.

Not a fan of this at all, The Queen is suppose to be the big dominant one just like in a Bee colony. You don't have a King Bee.

Can't say I'm too impressed. Too much like comic book fan fiction to me, and doesn't look Gigerish at all.

I do really like the smaller aliens on it though. They look like a mix of the dog alien and big chap all in one. Would prefer a sizable statue of one of them instead.
Agreed. The smaller xenos on the base look great. I'd rather have one of them as the main subject as well.

Not a fan of this at all, The Queen is suppose to be the big dominant one just like in a Bee colony. You don't have a King Bee.
Quick explanation... this is Sideshow! :lol

Lol, damn, Sideshow's taking a lot of heat over this project. I honestly don't get it.
I can perfectly see and agree with those who'd want more stuff out of the movies - not just creatures, but human characters. Ripley from Alien 1, 2 and 3, Hicks, hell I'd kill for a Dillon too. But I came to terms a long time ago that Sideshow just will tackle as few human characters as possible, even when it comes to comics stuff they try to avoid human unmasked characters. Been like that for years and I guess won't change anytime soon. Hopefully they'll at least try to revisit some Star Wars characters.

That said, there's also to consider that Sideshow is between hammer and anvil when it comes to many characters now. There are many popular characters they COULD remake but that would only piss off the original buyers and starts endless comparisons between new and old. So yes, while I'd really love for another Dog Alien maquette to be available without selling my firstborn, I also see why the owners of the first one would feel cheated, all that while wondering until release if today's standards can pull such a complex piece. Sadly, this also includes the original Alien Queen and Powerloader diorama.
And to be 100% honest - the Xenos designs in Alien 4 and AvP were crap. I'd pick this King Alien over any of them including the Predalien. Maybe I could agree I'd rather see a 1/4 Praetorian before this but that would still be digging into comics/videogames materials so not sure how many other would be down for it.

To be 101% honest, I think that the Xenos design in Aliens is radically different than from the first movie. The movies themselves are radically different. The first Alien is a suspance horror, the creature is elegant, sneaky, nearly ethereal - it's "alien" in the true sense of the word. Aliens is an action movie and the creatures are more of the big bad monsters to shoot at.
Each one has its merits of course but this is to say, this King Alien project has a clear footprint into it that immediatly calls to mind the Stan Winston's version of the Xenos. You can tell the design follows certain guidelines and when looking at the video and pics today I immediatly thought "yep, that's how Stan Winston would have done it". And this in my books is automatically a mission accomplished kind of thing in terms of concept and design.

Back