Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSAlex said over at SF:

"The Alien King Maquette is estimated to be up for Pre-Order sometime in May. That piece is a little over 20 inches tall and highly intricate. It has 4 alien warriors on the base plus the much larger Alien King. It's (IMO) quite an impressive piece. When I saw it the first time my jaw did almost drop to the ground over it. "

So it is a relatively small piece.

I'm not sure I'd call it small when you take all of the dimensions into account. I bet this will make for a fairly large and impressive piece in person. Any bigger and the price would be crazy anyway I'm sure, it may be yet but at least there's hope.

I was expecting the King to be about the same size of the Big Chap, which is around 30". Igo said that there was something coming "very big, not the kind of unheard big, but big" and I guess he was referring to this one.
But yes when you factor in the extra diorama base, the width and the depth of it with that huge tail, this is going to be bulky. And regardless, it's undeniable that it's a very complex project, so kudos. Price will be the deciding factor to me.

I was expecting the King to be about the same size of the Big Chap, which is around 30". Igo said that there was something coming "very big, not the kind of unheard big, but big" and I guess he was referring to this one.
But yes when you factor in the extra diorama base, the width and the depth of it with that huge tail, this is going to be bulky. And regardless, it's undeniable that it's a very complex project, so kudos. Price will be the deciding factor to me.

Yes that is precisely what I meant...maybe along the same height as the Big Chap, but I guess the diorama nature of this piece will indeed give it more depth and width. Looking forward to full reveal.

SSAlex said over at SF:

"The Alien King Maquette is estimated to be up for Pre-Order sometime in May. That piece is a little over 20 inches tall and highly intricate. It has 4 alien warriors on the base plus the much larger Alien King. It's (IMO) quite an impressive piece. When I saw it the first time my jaw did almost drop to the ground over it. "

So it is a relatively small piece.

Don't you have the Big chap maquette? That does match the P2's size already. His point was you keep saying the same silly things even though you have had those comments answered elsewhere. It sometimes feels like you just do it on purpose which is why people tend to be short with you. This likely is not going to be 1/4, certainly not 1/3 as that would be silly. We don't know the scale any more than you do at this point so any answer we give would be pure speculation, we'll probably find out tomorrow.

Ah thanks this makes sense now. Sounds really small but oh well the wait continues. Looks great I just don't like the scale. Yes I have big chap. The p2 is so massive making big chap feel not so big :( more like 1/5 next to p2. But I love big chap. The details and pose is awesome. The scale is decent for a pf. Thanks for the info.

Not digging it. Looks extremely over-designed and unfocused. Also less Gigeresque and more Lovecraftian in feel.

SSAlex said over at SF . . . It has 4 alien warriors on the base plus the much larger Alien King . . .

Strange, I counted 5 alien warriors (or bits thereof).

The 3 at the front, 1 at the back and another in the foreground (mostly hidden by the rock - just the tubes visible).

I must be going madd(der).

attachment.php

It's strange because it has the "Aliens" logo, that seems really specific to the second movie. That and Legacy's involvement, I think it might be an unused concept from the second movie.

---

So they did just get together and come up with this new character... To sell statues.

Can't see me paying what they'll be asking for it but that proto does look beautiful. Production could be a completely different story and it looks very fragile.

No interested in cheesy MMO type video game design.
Don't even wanna look those prototype pics, no mention spending money to buy it.

Seeing this video made me appreciate it much better, and I am really liking this...Parsing carefully through the scenes you do get a sense of how big it actually will be. He is posed very similarly to the latest Hulk PFs and those were just 20" tall but when seen in person where quite large in depth and width...plus this has a rather lengthy tale.

I like it, but I'm concerned that it will be like the other Alien piece and be mostly plastic with a high price tag.

I love the base with all the warrior aliens swarming over it, and I think the alien king looks good from the waist down, but that carapace looks like a mess to me, and I don't like those "tails" coming out of his back. Add in the fact that I reject the very notion of an alien king (Ever heard of a king bee or king ant? No? It's because they don't exist!), and this is a big disappointment for me. I look at the lower half of this sculpture and think "awesome!", but the upper half kills my excitement.

Can I buy just the base? :p

Looks amazing in that video, I just wish they went for a design from one of the existing films and not a made up character. Gonna hold out and wait for the Prometheus sequel I think, which is said to feature Aliens in it. Hopefully they'll make something from that movie.

Back