Sideshow acquires DC License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I have been disappointed with the GI Joe line. I plan to sell off my collection pretty soon. I guess it is cool they are finally releasing Zartan, but where are all the other key characters? Baroness? Destro? etc... They really lost me with all the ninja characters. Plus the bodies they use suck. I replaced the bodies of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow with Hot Toys bodies just to make them able to hold a decent pose.

So I am hoping that the DC line is much better!

I don't collect the Joe line, but I think they look great. That's more what I was driving at.

Agent_Orange.JPG

I want this! MINE! MINE!

From Jim Fletcher of DC Direct on Facebook:

H all,
If you are heading out to SDCC, stop by the DC Direct panel!
We've got some really great people on the panel like Adam Hughes, Jon Matthews, Jean St. Jean, Jim Chadwick, Amanda Conner, Cheeks and Sanford Greene to discuss a bunch of our new projects, and probably some world premiere announcements as well!
See you there, 1:00-2:00 Room 5AB

So DC Direct will still make statues?

There is nothing really in the announcement that indicates that DC Direct themselves will be out of business it's just an assumption made by the fact they've been so tight with the DC characters and now Sideshow is making them.

Sideshow's actual announcement is worded like SSC's pieces will complement DCD pieces so it's entirely possible that they'll be both creating pieces that would compete against one another.

There is nothing really in the announcement that indicates that DC Direct themselves will be out of business it's just an assumption made by the fact they've been so tight with the DC characters and now Sideshow is making them.

Sideshow's actual announcement is worded like SSC's pieces will complement DCD pieces so it's entirely possible that they'll be both creating pieces that would compete against one another.

Man, GL's failure at the box office sure has them scrambling to make money :lol

Soon we'll see GL pampers.

Wait....it's already been pooped on enough.

HP 43 million just for midnight show alone!

Must be nice for WB to breath again.

You made a good point, Mikey. Just like Warner Bros let Mattel making figures competing with DC Direct? DC Direct doesn't have Tim Bruckner now, so I don't think DC Direct can even think of competing with Sideshow.

Well I don't think there will be any competition between them really just using the term in it's loosest form. :lol

All I want for Christmas is a proper Catwoman statue. Ive never seen one that impressed me. And I would be a very good girl for the rest of the year, if that statue was based on Adam Hughes cover work, and was sculpted by Tim Miller.
catwoman2.jpg

That would definitely earn my "double PURR" rating. :)

(And yes, Ive seen the DC Direct Adam Hughes cover art statues.... and they were a huge disappointment. I think SS will do those ladies justice! fingers crossed!)

Last edited:
Well I don't think there will be any competition between them really just using the term in it's loosest form. :lol

Hey Mikey, do you think that DC Direct may announce some new licenses? Maybe from Gentle Giant? Bowen Designs? Since Jim Fletcher mentioned that there will be probably some world premiere announcements at the SDCC panel.

I want a Batman Arkham Asylum Figure and a Smallville Clark Kent figure, please sideshow! All i ask!!! :)

I hope the 1/6 Figures are nice. IDK if Theyll just do a joint venture and commission hot toys to do some of the figures. HT has been creating alot more WB Properties. I hope we learn more at the comic con!!!

I want a Batman Arkham Asylum Figure and a Smallville Clark Kent figure, please sideshow! All i ask!!! :)

I hope the 1/6 Figures are nice. IDK if Theyll just do a joint venture and commission hot toys to do some of the figures. HT has been creating alot more WB Properties. I hope we learn more at the comic con!!!

A Smallville line would be amazing. :thud: :clap

A Smallville line would be amazing. :thud: :clap

:hi5: When i saw this announcment i was trying to find you! Looks like we might get a chance! :yess: Hopefully!:gah:

Id love a line of CLark, Green Arrow, Lex, some other characters.

Theres so much Sideshow can do with the DC line. Im tighten up my collection cause i know big things are on the way!

:hi5: When i saw this announcment i was trying to find you! Looks like we might get a chance! :yess: Hopefully!:gah:

Id love a line of CLark, Green Arrow, Lex, some other characters.

Theres so much Sideshow can do with the DC line. Im tighten up my collection cause i know big things are on the way!

:rock

Way too much potential. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed we get something in the future. I'd be happy with a Clark, Lex, Lois, Chloe and Pete. The original crew, you know? May not seem likely, but now, we've got a chance.

All I want for Christmas is a proper Catwoman statue. Ive never seen one that impressed me. And I would be a very good girl for the rest of the year, if that statue was based on Adam Hughes cover work, and was sculpted by Tim Miller.
catwoman2.jpg

That would definitely earn my "double PURR" rating. :)

(And yes, Ive seen the DC Direct Adam Hughes cover art statues.... and they were a huge disappointment. I think SS will do those ladies justice! fingers crossed!)

:goodpost: Good call! If SS made a statue based on that exact pic you posted and if, naturally, Tim Miller was the sculptor, I think I'd probably explode. (And that's the good kind of explode, btw. Not the messy kind :lol).

Back