Sideshow 212th Airborne Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to get a couple of this! Not my fave but think it looks nice with the rest of my clones!

Wookiepedia:

Parjai Squad was an elite unit of clone paratroopers in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars under the command of Sergeant Barlex.

The squad was part of the 2nd Airborne Company, itself a unit of the 212th Attack Battalion of the 7th Sky Corps of the Third Systems Army, led by Clone Marshal Commander Cody and High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Parjai Squad was one of the first squads to land in the Battle of Utapau and later aided in the subjugation of Utapau following the transmission of Order 66. The clone troopers of Parjai Squad wore specialized armor and helmets that allowed for high altitude drops.

The squad's name, parjai, meant "victory" in Mando'a.

My ignorance is lessened. Many thanks, good sir.

Parjai Squad, 2nd Airborne, 212th Attack Battalion of the 7th Sky Corp.

I suddenly know more about this guy than I ever wanted to. :lol

I credit my own ignorance for this...partially.:)

SS are really banging out the clones. By my reckoning, of the film clones we now have

Phase 1 Commander
Phase 1 Captain
Phase 1 lieutenant
Phase 1 Sergeant
Phase 1 Trooper

Phase 2 Coruscant
Shocktrooper
501st
Cody
212th Trooper
212th Airbourne
Bacara
Bly
Gree

So that leaves
Phase 1 Pilot
Phase 2 Pilot
Galactic Marine
BARC trooper
ATRT Driver
Neyo
91st Reconnaissance Corps Trooper
327th Star Corps Trooper

Not many left at all and I think the 327th Trooper is highly likely to be this year's SDCC exclusive.

---
I am here: https://tapatalk.com/map.php?twifi2
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the airborne trooper has one of the coolest helmets in the SW universe.

It definitely fits in and yet is wholy unique. It looks threatening and 'thuggish' in a good way. I would say it ranks up there with the best helmets: Vader, Fett and OT stormtroopers.

Clones too often look like obvious variants of the Fett/stormtrooper mix. This one keeps the basics and yet reinvents them is a new, cool way.

Clones too often look like obvious variants of the Fett/stormtrooper mix. This one keeps the basics and yet reinvents them is a new, cool way.

Yep, love the beehives, plus these guys get an honorable mention for the exact same reasons you just mentioned.

549px-91st_Recon_Corps.jpg

Cool and McQuarrie-ish (even kind of "thuggish" like you said) without being blatantly exploitative of the original designs.

(Apparently they are part of the 91st Recon Corp as I just learned from Wookieepedia)

I'm sure wookieepedia has an explanation about those somewhere. :lol

The Snowtroopers had them. Maybe the Airborne guys are accustomed to cold at high altitudes or have use of the extra layer when repelling down into thick terrain. Who knows. The designers probably just added the skirts to balance out what would have been a top heavy look with those big beehives.

Is that supposed to be ammunition of some kind stuck to their shoulders?

airborneqv7.jpg

Looks like a little bandolier on the shoulder -- one of the things I think is pretty rad. Also like the one orange shoulder -- reminescent of the orange pauldron sandtroopers.

I don't see the skirt adding warmth to an armored character that has an environment bodysuit underneath and can virtually walk in space. As to the snowtroopers, I think it was more a stylized version of cold-weather Nazis than anything functional. How the "skirt" made it over to the clones... :dunno

maybe it indicates a 'top' or 'bottom' in the ranks. :lol

I think it is a fashion statement.

The blaster says "I'm badass".

And the skirt says "But I am still approachable".

This is one offering I hope like the other Clones before it has a short window from order to ship. Hell I wouldn't mind if it were in-stock (which I doubt it will be)

I just don't want to order this in a couple of weeks and then have to wait until September.

Back