Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Deadpool with Tony's Marvel Now DP suit.

yOFvkA.jpg

nice!

what's the cost of that suit?

I've never understood this. Why is the cost always some top secret, PM only thing?

It's probably the same reason stuff like that is handled the same way in the costuming and replica prop community - making money off of someone else's intellectual property, so posting open prices can be cause for a C&D.

J

Did you repaint the head & do something to the arm guards ? (Somehow make it smaller?)
The mods on holster and harness is superb, wish I could have the skill to do it.

I've never understood this. Why is the cost always some top secret, PM only thing?

yeah i don't get that either! honestly as a business owner myself... it is the most ignorant way to run your company. the "james bond" factor with people talking about prices paid is silly. i don't blame onethousnadmasks... i assume he's just doing as he's told and not being allowed to discuss prices and passing people to a facebook link to secretly speak to mr. mei

but for those of us that don't utilize facebook... and there's a boat load of people in this category... just another foolish way to figure out prices with having to contact someone thru facebook. and honestly the stealth pattern to figure out prices instead of being allowed to talk about costs of a product only makes me think there's something shady goin on and playing number's games with people and their money. may not be the case, but no other logical reason for it. but hey whatever works for the guy. i've officially lost interest in the suit.

yeah i don't get that either! honestly as a business owner myself... it is the most ignorant way to run your company. the "james bond" factor with people talking about prices paid is silly. i don't blame onethousnadmasks... i assume he's just doing as he's told and not being allowed to discuss prices and passing people to a facebook link to secretly speak to mr. mei

but for those of us that don't utilize facebook... and there's a boat load of people in this category... just another foolish way to figure out prices with having to contact someone thru facebook. and honestly the stealth pattern to figure out prices instead of being allowed to talk about costs of a product only makes me think there's something shady goin on and playing number's games with people and their money. may not be the case, but no other logical reason for it. but hey whatever works for the guy. i've officially lost interest in the suit.

Very well said : ) I would feel the same if I was in your shoes.

The reason why people contact me thru Facebook is because

1. I do this as a hobby, NOT a BUSINESS.

2. I make custom for fun, for myself, and not always have extra material to offer to everyone

3. I do like to know who I'm making the custom for when the opportunity comes. I rather build a relationship with them instead of just making it for any random people. I value the appreciation for both side, myself and the customizer

Relationship also get deeper and allow me to show hem how to customize their figure nicely, also camer angle when taking pictures and much more.

4. Price is private because I don't always offer the same thing. As a hobby, it does gets bored making the same thing over and over. I make them for my own figure and like to improve them though time. What you see now isn't going to be the same a few days, weeks, years later. While my customize part changes, price may vary.

5. Each time we make a custom part, it's only limited to 10-15pcs, most 30 depends on the difficultie of the custom parts. We value our work to close friend priority before to others.

6. Why Facebook? It's much easier to deal with, sharing pictures, knowing each other's background. Understand who we are dealing with. (I don't see how shady it can be when everyone get to see my personal page and even meet me in person through time)

7. Why not thru the forum here? Price, information, availability change through time. What been post publicaly today may be different from a few days later...

Also the pm message system from the forum just isn't the best, Facebook messenger is much easier to deal with and share pictures back and forth

8. I never graduate from high school, and English isn't my first language, typing these information isn't easy for me. I rather share pictures from Facebook, it didn't have to go though photobucket and it's much faster there. Also I'm allow to use my first language as well.

For any questions, feel free to ask or contact me anytime.

Information above have been mentioned many times from he past years, and this is the reason why it gets lost through each section of the thread. Every now and then when I get the change, I would like to address these Q&A. After all, I rather post pictures instead of typing words (conversation is t my speciality). Hope everyone understand where I'm coming from.....

Last, I enjoy seeing everyone's collection and value everyone comment. I'm no where near the best in what I do, but I do enjoy collecting and modifying my figures like everyone else here. Simply just providing a service for those who want to make their custom different in their own style.

Tony

Very well said : ) I would feel the same if I was in your shoes.

The reason why people contact me thru Facebook is because

1. I do this as a hobby, NOT a BUSINESS.

2. I make custom for fun, for myself, and not always have extra material to offer to everyone

3. I do like to know who I'm making the custom for when the opportunity comes. I rather build a relationship with them instead of just making it for any random people. I value the appreciation for both side, myself and the customizer

Relationship also get deeper and allow me to show hem how to customize their figure nicely, also camer angle when taking pictures and much more.

4. Price is private because I don't always offer the same thing. As a hobby, it does gets bored making the same thing over and over. I make them for my own figure and like to improve them though time. What you see now isn't going to be the same a few days, weeks, years later. While my customize part changes, price may vary.

5. Each time we make a custom part, it's only limited to 10-15pcs, most 30 depends on the difficultie of the custom parts. We value our work to close friend priority before to others.

6. Why Facebook? It's much easier to deal with, sharing pictures, knowing each other's background. Understand who we are dealing with. (I don't see how shady it can be when everyone get to see my personal page and even meet me in person through time)

7. Why not thru the forum here? Price, information, availability change through time. What been post publicaly today may be different from a few days later...

Also the pm message system from the forum just isn't the best, Facebook messenger is much easier to deal with and share pictures back and forth

8. I never graduate from high school, and English isn't my first language, typing these information isn't easy for me. I rather share pictures from Facebook, it didn't have to go though photobucket and it's much faster there. Also I'm allow to use my first language as well.

For any questions, feel free to ask or contact me anytime.

Information above have been mentioned many times from he past years, and this is the reason why it gets lost through each section of the thread. Every now and then when I get the change, I would like to address these Q&A. After all, I rather post pictures instead of typing words (conversation is t my speciality). Hope everyone understand where I'm coming from.....

Last, I enjoy seeing everyone's collection and value everyone comment. I'm no where near the best in what I do, but I do enjoy collecting and modifying my figures like everyone else here. Simply just providing a service for those who want to make their custom different in their own style.

Tony

I can send you 50 pictures on facebook messanger vs the time it takes to send you one from here and photobucket and waiting for you to respond. I can send a voice text on facebook while driving vs here on the phone is a hard thing to do. Messenger has made it so easy that I'm jaded to message on SSF. Nothing personal to anyone who might read that the wrong way.

MY pet peeve on SSF. You message me a question, I respond, you then delete the entire message and respond and I have no clue what you are talking about because you waited a week to write back.... In that mean time I have spoken to 40 people on here and facebook and don't remember and have zero point of reference of what we are talking about.

Also, it's still people making money off of someone else's IP and they could very well get hit with Cease & Desist Orders. I've seen it happen for less reasons than a random guy selling custom outfits for 12 inch figures on a collectibles forum, but always better to be safe than sorry and protect yourself whether it's your life business or not. And it's the makers prerogative if they want to talk prices privately. Like he said, items may vary, prices may vary and no one wants to read a back and forth between a guy that ordered a suit 6 months ago and one that wants one now and there's a price difference for whatever reason.
I don't see a big deal. Just the usual business practice now-a-days. Doesn't speak negative to anyone's credibility in my opinion. ;)

J

Curious if anyone's found a in scale picture of the one featured in the Christmas Deadpool movie trailer?. Only got my phone atm and it Sucks on speedy searching. :-(

Sent from my usless phone, using Tapatalk. Please excuse mistakes.

Back