Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the opposite. Looks like Deadpool is out in his pajamas. It also gives him giraffe neck in those pics. Sorry but not a fan of that custom suit at all. The modded SS looks much better imo.

I agree with you. When I first saw Tony Mei's suit I thought it looked pretty sweet but now after seeing the modded sideshow suit, I don't know what I was thinking. Pajamas and giraffe neck is pretty accurate.

I mean if you like it then that's cool but not my cup of tea at all.

So much more expressive. The neck does look long in some of the photos but imo it's a small price to pay for a mod that gives the figure such character. This is the Deadpool to display, unless HT proves their figure is similarly poseable.

I'll shave the head peg down and post pics, if that's a big gripe.

In hand there is no comparison IMO. Tony's suit smokes it. Guess it's just not photographing well.

Shaved peg down. Don't see how anyone could complain now :)

06f443cc4407ef74904c6b9472a6631c.jpg

a8af9d1e156271af35d175c9f369cfbd.jpg

60dd0c14ec876231064208775e9c5dbf.jpg

c6d3ba74c6074e569a3e20a224efeb67.jpg

The figure is probably the best articulation I have now, short maybe only of Spidey.

Last edited:
That's some good stuff, walker. I think the SS one looks fine (modded and unmodded) but yours takes it to the next level. Proportions are great now that you shortened the neck.

Thanks! I love it. I think it's a huge improvement and gives a much more classic comic look. Check these out:

412038084.jpg

412038085.jpg

I don't think I've seen anything close to these with the SS uni. I think it looks bad a$$.

Wow Craig that looks awesome!! If that's what sideshow had made it would have been a day 1 preorder for me, as they made it tho I will skip it and wait for the movie version, again that is an awesome comic version you have made there tho :clap:hi5:

I was thinking I might sell this one when the HT one hits......but I dig it so much more now. So I'll have the movie/RR version and the comic version. Win/win.

I was thinking I might sell this one when the HT one hits......but I dig it so much more now. So I'll have the movie/RR version and the comic version. Win/win.

Definitely a win/win that will be two amazing versions, pm me if you ever decide you want to sell this version tho, it looks incredible!!

Just surfing old pix in the thread for A/B comparisons:
Sideshow
0tFhSJZ.jpg

Tony's
9587e4bcca3f70d03c833e2c174cc5c3.jpg

98fb3d333f29b5a4e51a78a5b8f12ce0.jpg

SS
DSC_0642.jpg

Tony
f63a6b0d3325c4794257d0f74e4d69cf.jpg

You'd never be able to get dynamic poses like this if it was any tighter... Even this was tough to achieve with it being a little giving:

Tony
95f59822ec8b835c033e43ffc8b99d57.jpg

SS
4033E273-D487-4DF9-964F-7526FAEEB23F.jpg

Tony
c6d3ba74c6074e569a3e20a224efeb67.jpg

SS
5d11be36aace10a958e133c5e46f6df1.jpg

Attachments

• a8af9d1e156271af35d175c9f369cfbd.jpg
    a8af9d1e156271af35d175c9f369cfbd.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Shaved peg down. Don't see how anyone could complain now :)

In the end, who cares if people complain or don't like it? If YOU do, then that's all that matters. Your figure, your money. Personally speaking, I wouldn't waste the $220+ (what you paid, me it was going to cost me over $400) and all the trouble you went through to get the figure itself, then change it to that custom suit. That suit is horrible in my opinion compared to the SS one, even unmoved SS one. If I was going to use a custom suit, I'd just buy the custom suit, buy the blank body which is super cheap, and find the SS head on ebay or sculpt one myself.

But hey, man, if you like it, then like I said, that's all that matters. It's definitely not my cup of tea in comparison to the SS suit. Just makes it look cheap, way too cartoony, not comic-book-y, but 7am Dora-the-assassin-saturday-morning-cartoon cheap. Enjoy your figure the way you want to, dude! Me? I'm in love with the movie suit since I first saw it as a fan and a costumer, the Hot Toys prototype is freaking mind-blowing to me, and I'll be counting down the days until that Hot Toys figure is in my grubby little hands so I can pose him with the rest of The Avengers! I'll need to make him his little Avengers membership card too. ;)

Keep the pictures coming, everyone! I love seeing pictures of 6th scale figures, regardless.
I had the chance to get this figure on a trade, but something told me not to, so I didn't and when I got home, the pics of the Hot Toys movie suit figure were posted! So I don't feel bad I had to cancel this one. I do like the SS modded version, which if I ever get this figure, it's what I would do to it for sure - cut off all the tan straps, but keep the leather straps, the shoulder pads and kneepads.

J

Thanks Cicada

In the end, who cares if people complain or don't like it? If YOU do, then that's all that matters.

Absolutely. I was mainly saying "hey, the neck can be fixed".

I'm in love with the movie suit since I first saw it as a fan and a costumer, the Hot Toys prototype is freaking mind-blowing to me, and I'll be counting down the days until that Hot Toys figure is in my grubby little hands

Agreed. I think the movie version will be better than this one, even with my customization.

One more I forgot to post that I dig:

81e27c46233c88e9306f384567434267.jpg

You can see the dark areas (weathering) a bit here, but still disappears in photos...

That the most awesome Deadpool pose I've ever see! Great job on the custom too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back