Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine today. No visible lines on the mandible nor sloppy paint application. Had a little trouble with the arms but otherwise everything was fine. I do agree that it feels a little cheap--the claw and dreads are like action figure plastic. But overall I like it and have it displayed next to Dutch, who is the bigger of the two.

#47 of 750 and it’s a beauty.

Delivered Friday 21st Sept. - was firmly convinced it would have to go back before opening :panic:

Finally found time to open tonight - no worries after opening :yess:

• Perfect Packing / Shipping / Quality control.
• Awesome sculpt and paint.
• No problems with the paint quality throughout – including that on the heads / thighs / netting.
• Only VERY minor mold lines on the lower mandibles.
• No problems getting the heads to sit correctly.
• No problem getting it to sit on the base correctly.
• Not concerned about the plastic blades – they have a thickness/weight to them that looks just fine.​

Took a couple of pics next to the Sideshow 1:1 bust but the light just ain’t right. If anyone’s interested I’ll do this again at the weekend with natural light.

In all honesty – the only concern worth mentioning is that it took me a good 3-4 minutes to get his left arm to slot into place. As soon as you find the angle it slides in nicely (oooh-err Nurse!) but that angle is NOT the angle you expect.

I'm sorry to hear that some folks have had problems, but - between this and the Dutch that came last week – I could not be happier with Sideshow’s product right now. Good to see them redeem themselves after the total screw-up that was the P1 LSB.

Hopefully bodes well for the Elder and P2 LSB.

I got mine today and finaly got time to open it, EX-650 in the house...:yess:
I know some of you who already have this, have valid complaints about QC but those of you who have cancelled this statue with out even seeing it in person should definately re-consider.
The statue I received today has no problems what so ever, the netting
is painted very neatly the details look fine. Yeh, so some of the color scheems might be a bit out on the head and his body a little dark in some areas but over all the sculpt and size of this statue are fantastic.
I'm glad I ordered it I give it a solid 8/10. Also after having this pred in my hands I dont think his legs are skinny at all..
The only complaint I have is that it's missing the spine trophy and like a few others, no exclusive sticker on the box..:( booo fkn' hooo
I'll post some pics tomorow..

somebody should put a vid up fitting the helmet head - mine is really messed up...

EDIT:

My problem in pics.
First, my necks have no rods (is that the word? - the little metalpin thingy).
nta3m2jjzju5ntc2yjfkyjy2nwe5ymrmownhntrkmdm.jpg

n2u1mza2nmrimdywmtrlntg1ytc2m2fjzwq5odbhmjk.jpg

I finally got the hand in right and with the unmasked face it's pretty good - actually it's near perfect.
otlhnwmyztcwowmyztnlyzq5mjgwy2rmowi0njy2owe.jpg

BUT... that helmet face. I really jammed it in there and this is my best result.
ndc2mtnjyzg1mdgymjq4yjk1y2y3ntk5zdexota4zgu.jpg

Ireally don't want to return it, but what do you guys do and how severe is your issues?

Last edited:
Ireally don't want to return it, but what do you guys do and how severe is your issues?

It depends on how bad it bothers you. Remember you spent over $300 on this piece...and if that $300 spent is causing you stress, it's worth it to get rid of the stress by sending it back. In the past i've felt like "i don't want to send it back, because i don't wanna miss out" this way of thinking is a trap and it should be avoided. If you are not totally satisfied by this $300+ statue send it back!

:peace

I am having this exact same issue with the heads (both) not fitting in correctly and flush with the rings on the neck. I am in Australia so don't know what to do. I mean, I can really jam it in but then it sort of slowly pops back up to a certain point.

Mine has no rods either I don't think they're meant to for the heads. Is it supposed to be magnets though?? Mine isn't. Also, if I were to get a replacement I don't know what the problem is - the opening on the body where the peg sits in, or the peg itself on the head :( I guess I could always phile down the edges of the head peg a bit to try and make it sit in easier. Sigh.

I am having this exact same issue with the heads (both) not fitting in correctly and flush with the rings on the neck. I am in Australia so don't know what to do. I mean, I can really jam it in but then it sort of slowly pops back up to a certain point.

Mine has no rods either I don't think they're meant to for the heads. Is it supposed to be magnets though?? Mine isn't. Also, if I were to get a replacement I don't know what the problem is - the opening on the body where the peg sits in, or the peg itself on the head :( I guess I could always phile down the edges of the head peg a bit to try and make it sit in easier. Sigh.

get a refund and buy something else that will make you happy :)

we buy these collectibles because they make us happy. It sounds like this piece is not making you happy ... send it back ... ya feel me?

For those of you who like to see the scale between 1/5 Predator and 1/6 Bad Blood. These pictures are for you.

CIMG5996.jpg

CIMG5994.jpg

CIMG5995.jpg

CIMG5997.jpg

I hate to say this and I don't mean to be rude just helpful but I just think you guys sniper_Nolight Obsidian7 aren't doing it right. None of the heads have rods in them. And they are not magnets. I'll bet if I were to set up your Preds I'd get them to display properly. I wish I could for you.

I hate to say this and I don't mean to be rude just helpful but I just think you guys sniper_Nolight Obsidian7 aren't doing it right. None of the heads have rods in them. And they are not magnets. I'll bet if I were to set up your Preds I'd get them to display properly. I wish I could for you.

Just a tad patronising?
I'm sure anyone can attach the heads if they fit properly.
Are you really suggesting these guys don't know how to put a square peg in a square slot?
There is obviously a problem with these statues as it has been to reported by several people.
The fact that obsidian7 says it will fit if forced but eventually pops back out should indicate it's a poor fit, I doubt very much he's doing anything wrong.

Its the dreads that cause the problem, specifically the ones nearest the cannon.

My unmasked head sat on pretty easy but my masked head was very tight, it wouldn't fit just by placing it on at all, i just pushed it down, the dreads do have some flex which helps but still be careful.

Depends how brave you want to be :)

Back