Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kinda disappointed with sideshow rightnow. something looks off with the head/bio, pose is less dynamic, and the spine thing he hangs around him is not there

Yea i thought i was the only one who noticed the spine not being there lol. I really hope they are adding that in...

Arnold says:

171780779.jpg

Don't understand why we need P87 playing American football in "aprox. 1/5 scale", when we have new Dutch PF figure in 1/4th.
Yeah, but. . .this is from a new line of Predator statues in 1/5 scale that is going to span the film universe from my understanding. In that sense, it makes sense and will be useful for some collecting that line.

Regarding Dutch, I suspect HT is gonna give us another 1/4 scale Predator (PF this time) at some point as a new complement to that statue. One thing that puzzles me a bit though is the decision to release Dutch before P1 as a PF. Maybe their right to use Arnold's likeness is about to expire? Otherwise, releasing P1 in 1/4 scale first would make more sense, as folks are gonna buy it no matter what, then buy Dutch later as a complement. If Dutch comes first, many will pass due to uncertainty of P1 being released later. Edition size will be affected by that, and Sideshow will eventually sell out, but will likely produce and sell fewer than they could.

Apologies for the slightly OT rant.

I'm not placing an order because the NECA 19" figure are good enough for me.

Do you guys really think Sideshow will produce another 1/4 Predator 1 statue? I don't see that happening.

Do you guys really think Sideshow will produce another 1/4 Predator 1 statue? I don't see that happening.
I would definitely bet on that. It would be like printing money for them. LSF is also possible, but let's see how far along they're able to pursue that line given the $2K price tag.

It would sure piss a lot of people off if they did.... Not only the owners of the first release but those who pick up this one......
I don't know why it would (re: owners of this new statue). They are completely different scales and thus, completely different types of collectibles in my book. As for the original, it was many moons ago, and Sideshow has done multiple versions of the same character in 1/4 scale with little complaints from original owners (thinking of the recent Wolverine PF and Spidey Comiquette). Since it will presumably be a completely new pose and have different bells and whistles, I'm sure Sideshow will go lengths to distinguish a newer release from the older ones.

Do you think Sideshow will really care? They will release it and people wil buy it. Quite simple ;)
Sideshow does care more about this kind of thing than, say, Hot Toys does. But like I posted above, they'll probably go to lengths to make the newer release pretty distinctive. But yeah, in the sense that folks will get pissy no matter what, well. . .how are you gonna avoid that in this day and age?

I don't know why it would (re: owners of this new statue). They are completely different scales and thus, completely different types of collectibles in my book. As for the original, it was many moons ago, and Sideshow has done multiple versions of the same character in 1/4 scale with little complaints from original owners (thinking of the recent Wolverine PF and Spidey Comiquette). Since it will presumably be a completely new pose and have different bells and whistles, I'm sure Sideshow will go lengths to distinguish a newer release from the older ones.

It's hard to reply when you keep editing your post.....:lol

I'd be on the pissy wagon if I bought this and a 1/4th PF came out soon after.......

I'm not placing an order because the NECA 19" figure are good enough for me.

Good question. I think they will because of the money of course. The only question is when? Also the maquette can be improved a lot and they can make the new one much better with more details. It is still a nice piece but IMO it is not that great for the price, especially in today's standard. There are rooms for improvements.

I don't know why it would. They are completely different scales and thus, completely different types of collectibles in my book.

Agreed!

It's hard to reply when you keep editing your post.....:lol
Well, when you reply to a post based on a quick glance, then realize you missed several things and have to make many changes, that's what happens. I probably edit 30-40% of my posts after initially putting them down because of this. :lol

Re: Sideshow Predator PF Statue

oh i didnt see the reg, if the reg edition had the unmasked head , i would have waited to order from a sideshow retailer and saved some money on customs, anyway to confirm> i ordered the ex cos of the unmasked portrait :gah:

Hopefully we'll find out today what comes with each version. If both heads come with each release just give Sideshow a call and cancel your order. Let them know your reason and they won't charge you the NeRD....

Re: Sideshow Predator PF Statue

oh i didnt see the reg, if the reg edition had the unmasked head , i would have waited to order from a sideshow retailer and saved some money on customs, anyway to confirm> i ordered the ex cos of the unmasked portrait :gah:

Just as I said earlier. It's not about saving money as forbidden planet will price it similar to import, or even a bit cheaper, it's dealing with fed-ex that caused me a headache in the past. Only order direct if it's a really good ex. Bloody skull won't make it worth it at all but switchout unmasked portrait is well worth it.

Back