Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arnold says:

171780779.jpg

Don't understand why we need P87 playing American football in "aprox. 1/5 scale", when we have new Dutch PF figure in 1/4th. :dunno It seems to me that this release is for the ones who had no Maquette or Cinemaquette, but really want something big and polystone, doesn't matter what. :D Imagine how terrible the sculpted netting will be in this scale. :D Also, missed backbone trophy and very poor sculpted armor Jack a dull boy.

:goodpost::goodpost::exactly:

Agreed. To be sure, there'll be many maquette/cinemaquette owners that may pony up for this... heck, down the line I might even get one. But there's no rush, least not for me. I've got the stupendously awesome cinemaquette and the LSB EX. I love my collectibles big as I choose to maintain a small collection at any given time. If this was 1/3 scale and stood at 36"? I'd be the first to sign up even if it cost a couple grand.

Dont get me wrong the pose of this thing is killer, and I'd like to have at least one of my predator collectibles masked, it's just the size that's putting me off/making me think twice.

Okay I am sold! It looks great and I am so glad I canceled the Berserker maquette...now I can get this one, the iconic classis Predator :rock! Looks stunning! I hope SS you will put big effort into the paint! Also the pose is brilliant and very Predator like! It suits the hunter's statue well!

So whats up with the unmasked head? It is only just for the ex version? The video stated only the bloody skull is a plus, but the text on the webpage says otherwise, but the unmasked head is still there at the regular edition.

Last edited:
Arnold says:

171780779.jpg

Don't understand why we need P87 playing American football in "aprox. 1/5 scale", when we have new Dutch PF figure in 1/4th. :dunno It seems to me that this release is for the ones who had no Maquette or Cinemaquette, but really want something big and polystone, doesn't matter what. :D Imagine how terrible the sculpted netting will be in this scale. :D Also, missed backbone trophy and very poor sculpted armor makes Jack a dull boy.

:goodpost::exactly::lecture:lecture:lecture

Imo this is by far the best pose from the SS predator Statues, maquettes. When I look at it I see the Predator from the first movie.

wish this weren't a gateway collectible though. Could have been so much more if they put in the resource and charge more for the end product, and instead made this into a more high-end/bigger piece, with real netting, etc. This is arguably the best Predator piece if not for the fact that they're trying to keep it low cost/mid-end. Leave the gateway stuff to other companies like Gentle Giant :gah:

damn you sideshow! i was waiting for dutch but had to order this. great price when you consider how much the maquette costs. hope the unmasked portrait is only on the ex, if its with the regular i will be complaining and cancelling then i can order the regular from a uk retailer and save the hassle. not bothered if its just the bloodied scull would really be a poor ex then. this needs to be sorted by ss, too much confusion. wish the scale was on par with dutch, which will probably be 1/4, would of made me very happy.

wish this weren't a gateway collectible though. Could have been so much more if they put in the resource and charge more for the end product, and instead made this into a more high-end/bigger piece, with real netting, etc. This is arguably the best Predator piece if not for the fact that they're trying to keep it low cost/mid-end. Leave the gateway stuff to other companies like Gentle Giant :gah:

But it would cost probably 800-1000 dollar and not everyone can afford that. Also for this there is the Predator maquette. SS try to cover every scale and I am glad for that and also this is the right attitude. You can buy 1/4, 1/5, 1/9 maquettes, dios, statues from them and this way everyone can find the best piece price, scale wise. They can't make statues always in the big scale with high prices.

I think the EX version has the bloody skull, but I think both versions have masked and unmasked.

I hope so but it would be nice if SS would confirm this. It is just damn confusing.

Last edited:
I hope so but it would be nice if SS would confirm this.

I can remember reading that the EX came with the bloody spine but do not remember anything about the different portraits. I must admit that only a Bloody spine is a little lame but for the same price I guess any extra is a good extra. Personally I think the bloody skull adds a nice touch to the piece.

If I'm right the dios had switch out portrait exs fir the same price as did the maquettes. Just a different scull would be a piss poor ex in my opinion. Just looked at the detail on zoom and the netting looks really bad on the prototype. Fingers crossed for a good result.

I can remember reading that the EX came with the bloody spine but do not remember anything about the different portraits. I must admit that only a Bloody spine is a little lame but for the same price I guess any extra is a good extra. Personally I think the bloody skull adds a nice touch to the piece.

In the video they said the bloody spine will be the ex but on the SS's page they say:

"The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Predator Statue includes a unique feature available nowhere else: Additional Bloody Human Skull Accessory and Unmasked Portrait for alternate display"

But the unmasked head's photo is between the regular edition's photos so it is really confusing.

The exclusive comes with the masked and unmasked Portrait , i belive sideshow showing the unmasked picture on the last pic of the regular is a mistake :dunno

I so wish sideshow made real netting for this piece -painted on netting looks abit sloppy in my opinon !!! Looks pretty Good overall still thinking on pulling that trigger ;)

The exclusive comes with the masked and unmasked Portrait , i belive sideshow showing the unmasked picture on the last pic of the regular is a mistake :dunno

I so wish sideshow made real netting for this piece -painted on netting looks abit sloppy in my opinon !!! Looks pretty Good overall still thinking on pulling that trigger ;)

Just do it! you'll be sorry when it's sold out.

The statue to order is the one that comes with the unmasked portrait...so everyone be safe and order the EX.

If the EX is the only one that comes with the unmasked head, it should sell-out and be desirable for years to come...and the regular will sit around until the end of time.

Back