Premium Format Sideshow 1960s Catwoman (Julie Newmar) Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From SSAlex

The original fabric used on the piece was having unfortunate cracking and flaking issues as it went through the production process. As such a different fabric had to be used. In the end the new fabric better represents how the costume appeared on screen as her costume did have a greater sparkle to it that the original fabric did not have.

Additionally, the portrait was changed to use intrinsic resin as well in the final production run.

As for a previous person's question regarding the line. For now it will just consist of Catwoman and Batman. I'm personally really hoping for a Batgirl someday though.

It seems SS is finally stepping up their game if they are finally using intrinsic resin in their sculpts. The Obi-Wan Legendary Scale figure was supposed to implement this but SS stated there was a problem getting it to work in the production version. That was a massive letdown for a $2000 statue. Hopefully they finally figured out how to use it and hopefully they'll use it in all their human characters from this point forward.

It seems SS is finally stepping up their game if they are finally using intrinsic resin in their sculpts. The Obi-Wan Legendary Scale figure was supposed to implement this but SS stated there was a problem getting it to work in the production version. That was a massive letdown for a $2000 statue. Hopefully they finally figured out how to use it and hopefully they'll use it in all their human characters from this point forward.

It being used will be a case by case basis at this point in time but the hope is to start using it more and more. The recent Green Lantern Premium Format Figure had it used on it's portrait and Catwoman is the second piece having this method used.

-SideshowAlex

Production pics up. SS charging on the 21st!

300249_press01.jpg
300249_press04.jpg
300249_press06.jpg
300249_press09.jpg
300249_press17.jpg
300249_press18.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170217_162053.jpg
    IMG_20170217_162053.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 129
She looks fantastic! My only complaint is that the suit is more matte black with sparkles than gloss black with sparkles. Still getting her though.

Post honest reviews guys with lots of pics- on the fence now about her but still very much want...

Post honest reviews guys with lots of pics- on the fence now about her but still very much want...

Will do. I will not post fan boy gushing reviews. Been a fan of the show since 1974. My first exposure that I can remember to Batman followed by George Reeves Adventures of Superman.

Back