Premium Format Sideshow 1960s Catwoman (Julie Newmar) Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice review- good gosh i hope those dumb purple highlights aren't as noticible in person....ughh

nice review- good gosh i hope those dumb purple highlights aren't as noticible in person....ughh

Thanks for the input spindrift, appreciate it. But sadly they are as noticeable in person. I wish they were not. Why SS did this is beyond me. Just paint the damn thing a gloss black and allow natural light to give the effect of high lights.

Thanks for the input spindrift, appreciate it. But sadly they are as noticeable in person. I wish they were not. Why SS did this is beyond me. Just paint the damn thing a gloss black and allow natural light to give the effect of high lights.

People usually like it when Sideshow adds shading and complain they are being cheap if they keep it monotone.

IMO the mix media on her looks really bad.... Just looks cheap... Just basing it on pictures and this video... maybe it looks better in person but I can't see it looking that much better.... Kind of a bummer given how much it costs...

I usually give Sideshow a lot of criticism for the quality of their actor likenesses, but they did a great job here. Who sculpted this? Whoever he or she is, they should be sculpting all of Sideshow's pieces that are based on actor likenesses.

IMO the mix media on her looks really bad.... Just looks cheap... Just basing it on pictures and this video... maybe it looks better in person but I can't see it looking that much better.... Kind of a bummer given how much it costs...
I agree and it does not look better in person. I'm disappointed. This would have been much better fully sculpted.

Opened mine today and had to send in a request for a replacement for the base.

c97efc3abaa5cdc20f9eb6ded2fb19fb.jpg

2e8bb3f4e1d3c283553750c6e2282e77.jpg

I will say that I like the PF otherwise. The crazy purple highlights don't show up under normal lighting. These pics were taken with a flash so there would be no mistaking my problem with the base.

yeah the new suit is nice but not anywhere as great as the original suit- i'm going to buy her but in no rush- don't think it will sell out soon....but disappointed still

Mine came today, and I've never been this ambivalent about a $400 statue before. It's not so much the bodysuit, as it's the lack of effort put into the base that bugs me the most. A little more height and more creative accessories would have made a difference, IMO. Also, I definitely would have preferred the glossy unitard, just like most of you. Paint apps on the belt are sloppy, adding to the immense feeling of "meh."

Hopefully Batman will not disappoint, and make Catwoman look better when displayed together.

Last edited:
Back