Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I could search the thread for this, but apparently not. The only thing that's loose on mine is the right arm, the shoulder joint can't support the weight of the arm. I can't tighten the screw in the actual ball on the shoulder any more, and the joint is still loose. What other screw could it be??

Finally had some time to mess with my :stormtroo

Tbh I wasn't overwhelmed when I released him from his box, but after doing the recommended steps by fellow freaks he's quite awesome.

The black headband on mine was painted by someone with very shakey hands and was sloppier than ones I've seen posted here. However I didn't want to return him due to a very tight jointed body I received, so I repainted it as well.

Note: Sorry pics were taken with flash to show the green in the lens otherwise they would look black. All the black on helmet is actually flat to better contrast with the white.

DSC02559.jpg

DSC02564.jpg

DSC02560.jpg

Great job on this..did you use any white paint at all to fix the corners of the eyes?..how did you fix the brow? just added more matte black to even it?.

I think even maybe using a gundam black fine detail marker for the lines around the ear pieces would help it look more canon.

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but, except for the helmet, the OTC trooper doesn't look THAT bad next to the SS.

I agree. The helmet was a bit wonky, the buffed body and the hands....:lol. But honestly, for what it was, and the price, it really wasn't that bad. Same thing with their AOTC clones too.

The biggest appeal for me was the OTC and the packaging..reason i bought two 12inch Boba and one Stormy, only kept the one extra Boba mint, and the VOTC line was a dream come true..i remember going into TRU and finding them in a bit of disbelief..i bought doubles of Luke,Han,Ben and Leia..well except Leia.

The only thing I really hated on the Hasbro Stormtrooper was the helmet, the rest was pretty good.
Has anyone tried the medi helmet on the SSC body, since they are both close in size it could make for a nice conversion to a ROTJ or SE version trooper

Unless the Medi Stormtroopers an exception, the ball on the Medi neck is significantly smaller than the HT/SSC one, it'd take cutting and such just to get it on there.

As for the VOTC stuff, it'd be cool if Sideshow did box art for the 1/6 line like the old Kenner designs of the 70's and 80's.

I really like the retro look of the GIJoe boxes. If Sideshow did a vintage Kenner look I think it would look pretty cool.

Acutally, if Hasblow went and released all the vintage figures again, i would be down with it and think it would sell quite well..but, they got to be like $7 max or less.

Actually.. the Vintage line and vintage like figures are my only joy coming from Hasbro really. But some figures still need to be upgraded a bit. Swivel elbows are terrible. The new Medical Frigate Leia is gonna be a great replacement for the VOTC Leia body. Anyway this the the Stormtrooper thread soo lets get back on topic. Is it Tuesday yet so I can play with my three?

Unless the Medi Stormtroopers an exception, the ball on the Medi neck is significantly smaller than the HT/SSC one, it'd take cutting and such just to get it on there.

Isn't there a blank headsculpt under the bucket ala Boba Fett? I don't remember and I'm not gonna drag mine out of storage to check.

Medi Stormtrooper helmet is an 'actual' helmet which fits over a head, so theres nothing to connect it. You would need to put Han on the sideshow stormi and im not sure it could fit inside.

EDIT: NVRM lol

Even if Medi's is a real helmet, you still need to find a head that can fit in it that will also attach to the SSC neck post, which still ends up the same problem I previously mentioned.

Even if Medi's is a real helmet, you still need to find a head that can fit in it that will also attach to the SSC neck post, which still ends up the same problem I previously mentioned.

The RAH noggin's pretty fat compared to their bodies. I'm almost positive the 1st Caucasian version of the TrueType38's head would fit then. So all you'd need is that and a TT lower neck adaptor.

Back