Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't a whole lot of time to mess with my Stormtrooper since I got him, but I did use the boiling water trick on his chest plate today and am happy with the results:

before:

IMG_12773.JPG

after:

IMG_12871.JPG

IMG_12883.JPG

IMG_12863.JPG

IMG_12854.JPG

I received my second Trooper helmet today from Toyanxiety and I have started to hollow it out in a try to make the helmet wearable.

OK, got mine in today!!! I did the hot water trick and a little futz here and there and I think I got him where I want him.:monkey3
TROOP.jpg
[/IMG]

I got mine last wed.. The stormtrooper figure looks great but I have a few things to critize that bored me regarding it.

1. Paint app. Since the trooper paint is so little they should had done a better job on the front black helmet ring which is not painted perfectly and the aerators, its a little part but could have done better . First SSC SW figures had great paint application and detailing I feel like they are loosing their touch. Where is the Quality we had before?

2. Plastics. I really think SSC for 89.99 should had done something better on this particular figure. The helmet and armor parts are really thin cheap plastic. I am not that dissapointed with it, but I have a couple of concerns because SSC could haddo something better on materials for the trooper and the little paint it has on the details. I really hope the dont do the same on VADER.

3. Pricing. Now SSC prices has gone up from a 59.99 or 69.99 on all the SW figures to 89.99 and really I feel their quality has gone down a little. Sideshow on the begining was doing awsome and now they are loosing that touch. They should put more heart on their figures like they used to and forget a little about mass production. Detailing was SSC best choice. Dont loose that.

I been collecting SW since a Kid ( 1977 ) till present, currently own 12 SSC Star wars figures and love them all, but I understand that if we pay a price for a collectible like this we should get quality like we used too.:lsvader :horse

Last edited:
3. Pricing. Now SSC prices has gone up from a 59.99 or 69.99 on all the SW figures to 89.99 and really I feel their quality has gone down a little. Sideshow on the begining was doing awsome and now they are loosing that touch. They should put more heart on their figures like they used to and forget a little about mass production. Detailing was SSC best choice. Dont loose that.

I been collecting SW since a Kid ( 1977 ) till present, currently own 12 SSC Star wars figures and love them all, but I understand that if we pay a price for a collectible like this we should get quality like we used too.:lsvader :horse

I hear you on the price hike, but not all of the SW figures are priced at $89. Price seem to be all over the place recently. $89 seems like the baseline price for armored figures I guess, since the Stormie, TFU Stormie, ROTS Clone, and CW Obi-Wan were all priced at $89, but then Vader was $125 and the Sandtrooper $109. Lando weighs in at $79 and has hardly any accessories but does come on the Pro body (which seems to lend SS the "right" to charge more I guess), while EP2 Obi-Wan and Piett are both $69 but come on the Buck. I really have given up trying to figure out the pricing on these and just hope for the best:rolleyes:

Sucess!

I hollowed out the SS trooper helmet and it fits on the Tom head from HT's TrueType fig just fine. It even stays closed all by itself.

The helmet rides may a 1-2 cm too high but over all I like the look of it a lot better and now it is a 3 piece reveal helmet. :rock

Back