Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own ClonObi, so I don't know... I would assume it's the same...

I'm really no plastic expert, but just to give you an idea, it feels like the material used for Model Cars, thicker though...
is that PVC? ABS?
I don't know, but that sort of hard plastic... like the shell for Model Cars as I said.

Its exactly the same as Clone Obi...

Yes, I need to futz. :lol

You know me, I like to post right-out-of-the-box pics first. My pics are pretty much what everyone can expect straight from the wrapper.

Now to fix him...

Got mine too... out of box no futz PICS...
Stormtrooper4.jpg

And right out of the box, it doesn't look bad to me. The only thing that is standing out to me is the black grille on the "mouthpiece" area doesn't look painted all the way to the edges. is that intentional?

Otherwise, I'm sure you'll have him looking great in no time, Wor-Gar.

I had four on order from SS - just cancelled em - the pics here did not convince me - good luck for those on the wait list.

I wish Sideshow would use a more flexible plastic with a nice gloss. Obi-wan's armor is very hard and brittle. I already have two broken wrist pegs. One came broken in the box. If the plastic was more pliable, I don't think this would be a problem.

Anyone who owns the T-1000, please take a look at your Buck body. It has a very nice gloss surface to it. That is what I was expecting on the Stormtroopers.

G
Initial thoughts:

Figure looks great in hand!

I got lucky with the paint apps -- no slop seen so far.

My body is very loose. :( Takes some fiddling to get it to pose. Means I may have to strip him down and superglue the joints.

The chest piece doesn't flare so bad on mine. Could still do with some heating just to make it right.

I do miss the gloss sheen a bit, not so much on the armor as I do on the eyes. The eyes definitely need to gloss desperately.

All in all, better than I was expecting after the critiques lately. I'm happy. :)

Totally agree with Wor-Gar...Need a little love, but overall a great addition to any collection..

And right out of the box, it doesn't look bad to me. The only thing that is standing out to me is the black grille on the "mouthpiece" area doesn't look painted all the way to the edges. is that intentional?

No its not painted all the way to the edges..only in the front...

Quick pics (sorry for the yellowish tone):

DSC08373.jpg

DSC08374.jpg

DSC08375.jpg

DSC08371.jpg

DSC08377.jpg

DSC08378.jpg

DSC08379.jpg

DSC08380.jpg

Overall great figure, but for some reason, I like Medi materials better...
I'll compare them side to side tonight...
we'll see!
But, if you don't own a Medi or Marmit, this is a great figure for sure!!

BTW, it's NOT glossy at all, so that's kind of a bummer...

Nice shots. Is your body loose?

Does the prototype look like it has a slightly different sculpt? The aerators look more accurate (smaller in diameter) and the lenses look a bit different in shape too. And look at the curvature of the slope towards the sides of the mic. Is it just the paint app?

SsTkCOMPARISONS.jpg

I'm going to paint the armor because it looks like an unpainted model out of the box - prime it, coat it and finish it with a gloss coat of Gunze which should prevent yellowing.

Otherwise, I'm sure you'll have him looking great in no time, Wor-Gar.

The efx 1:1 helmet is also not completely black on the grille so it's probably accurate, I am by no means a Stromtrooper expert though so not sure if both are wrong. :monkey3

I am glad I don't give a rats ass about every single little minute detail. He looks like a Stormtrooper to me and thats all that matters.

No schit Madden...Im the same way..

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way. I do think that the quality should be solid given the price we pay for these, but I'm not going to examine every detail. I think it's unrealistic to expect everything to be 'movie accurate' in this scale. The one thing that I do agree with as far as observations is the shiny finish. The pictures on the box show him a little shinier than what we are seeing in pictures.

Got mine today, although I haven't had a chance to open it yet. Thanks everyone for all the pics.

Last edited:
Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way. I do think that the quality should be solid given the price we pay for these, but I'm not going to examine every detail. I think it's unrealistic to expect everything to be 'movie accurate' in this scale.

I don't think you can expect something to be 100% movie accurate in any scale... expecialy when the movie was made 30 years ago. Every single Stormtrooper costume was probaby different in some way. People just find a pic of one and instantly think they all looked exactly like that... and I am guessing they really didn't.

Back