Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is everyone posing him with bent knees and legs apart? I always remember Stormies to stand straight and legs closer together.

Check your source material mate, the headgear on this stormie is Based on the ANH version of the helmet, which was very different from the one the troopers wore in ROTJ, which is AFAIK the version the medi troopers wear. Compareing green apples to red apples.

Yea, i don't care about ANH hero to ROTJ version blah blah..i am saying that quality wise and with final product, Medicom made a better Stormtrooper then SS and Marmit is cheap plastics but, it has the more desired ANH look, would love to get a MArmit sometime or even just a armour kit or something based off it.

:rolleyes:Just got mine, I like it, I'm like the detail, trust me, like the iron man, pics don't do it justice, It's kinda loose, but unlike the pro, it really doesn't seem floppy, it holds tight in most positions, I have the marmit trooper as well, but I think sideshow has more intricate detail on the armored parts, up close the helmet is very well sculpted:D

I think that it shines not like a gloss feel, but more of a natural armored look, if you use the blow dryer techique, you can fit the armor better, trust me it's quite impression looking in different lighting situations, those of you who cancelled quickly, should have waited until you got it in person, I thought my hot toys iron man was realistic looking, great piece none the less, but standing next to stormie, he looks like a toy. I know sideshow doesn't make the most tight jointed bodies, but I love how they really capture the look and feel of the character, especially in the facial or head features, be posting pics soon, putting it next to a marmit, I feel that sideshow's stormie has more of a realistic portrayal.:cool:

Thanks Maulfan and EC!

I really like this figure. I think all you guys will too once in hand, as usual.

Stormtrooper11.jpg

The two main issues I have so far, based on the pics provided so far, are that the head needs to be elevated from the torso and the lack of gloss. Both of these issues are easily taken care of, so I'm cool with it.

Thursday can't get here soon enough...

I know its no big deal but why the hell would sideshow change the aireators. I would understand if it was the paint app, but its actually the piece itself, it is different. They look like car headlights.

1970svolkswagonbeetle.jpg

:rolleyes:Just got mine, I like it, I'm like the detail, trust me, like the iron man, pics don't do it justice, It's kinda loose, but unlike the pro, it really doesn't seem floppy, it holds tight in most positions, I have the marmit trooper as well, but I think sideshow has more intricate detail on the armored parts, up close the helmet is very well sculpted:D

I think that it shines not like a gloss feel, but more of a natural armored look, if you use the blow dryer techique, you can fit the armor better, trust me it's quite impression looking in different lighting situations, those of you who cancelled quickly, should have waited until you got it in person, I thought my hot toys iron man was realistic looking, great piece none the less, but standing next to stormie, he looks like a toy. I know sideshow doesn't make the most tight jointed bodies, but I love how they really capture the look and feel of the character, especially in the facial or head features, be posting pics soon, putting it next to a marmit, I feel that sideshow's stormie has more of a realistic portrayal.:cool:

Great post Guyver...

More Pics . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_094.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_095.jpg

Gave the Exclusive Pistol to my Imperial Officer.
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_089.jpg

The pistol fits in the hoster quite well.
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_090.jpg

Just a quick pose; still need to do some futzing.

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_097.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_098.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_099.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_100.jpg
WONDERFUL PICS!!!!
They also prove a point. All of SS figures have needed futzing out of the box. The SS Stormtrooper looks amazing!!! I am getting mine in a few days from my local retailer, and I would also like to know how you got the chest armor to sit lower.

all of you guys who have canceled.. thank you! I'm really hoping to pick up another 2 of these when i get some income rolling in during the next few months!

Or should I say...

IT'S A HORRIBLE FIGURE!

DON'T ORDER IT!
THESE ARE NOT THE STORMIES YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!

:p

and i agree.. besides just futzing and maybe doing some gloss work and very simple paint touchups depending on how yours arrived.. most of these can look amazing! Heck, i'm still happy as can be with the way mine turned out, and I probably will leave him just as he is. I don't like gloss on my trooper really.. maybe a little on his lenses..

my only concern is yellowing over time.
think it is a problem if he is out of direct light? who has experience with that type of stuff?

yer this is an AWESOME figure!!!!People complained that SS had no ARMOURED figures...and now they complain over the minute details.....

these "star wars"fans are getting quite out of hand...even i cant understand their logic at times.....

Does the prototype look like it has a slightly different sculpt? The aerators look more accurate (smaller in diameter) and the lenses look a bit different in shape too. And look at the curvature of the slope towards the sides of the mic. Is it just the paint app?

Justin, go buy a case of Guinness and call it a day.

Guys, seriosuly, this figure is so cool in hand. I can't stop looking at him.

I mean, come on, it's one of the best designed characters of all time. And I think SS did an exceptional job overall. Yes, there are nits (codpiece, etc), but at scale, on your desk, it's just so wicked cool.

And I gotta say, this is the best ST helmet done for a 1/6th scale figure so far. It's wide and mean and under harsh lighting looks like he'll kick your ass. I can't fathom that anyone would look at the Medi-trooper and say that squashed mask is better. There, I said it.

this figure is a lot of fun. I'm as giddy as a school girl. I'm no SW geek, but opening this figure and playing with it was just like Christmas morning as a kid. Don't know how movie accurate it is and I really don't care; it looks like a stormtrooper to me.

Back