Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it..pics here looks good.....probably my favorite SW 12'' figure.

loose ankle joints is my only complaint. I'll put a dap of glue or something to tighten the joints.

You know after looking at the pics of the mics on the helmet more,the mic's are so flat that it almost looks like their not even there.Weird?

Futzed a bit...

Better? :)

Stormtrooper5.jpg

Stormtrooper6.jpg

Stormtrooper7.jpg

Stormtrooper8.jpg

Stormtrooper9.jpg

That looks terrific Wor-Gar! Great posing too. :clap

Figure looks really good... for some reason the monitor at my job distorts images and makes them look kind of squat :lol

Now that I'm home I like the figure even more :rock Just two more days and I'll have mine!

I am glad I don't give a rats ass about every single little minute detail. He looks like a Stormtrooper to me and thats all that matters.

:lecture:stormtroo Quoted for truth. Why do people pic these things apart for suce small details?:huh The SS Stormtrooper looks just like a Stormtrooper to me. I missed out on this guy but it looks like just about everyone who got him is ecstatic about it.

Welcome to the pattern of first images Vs in-hand. I think the only figures where that have been w/o it were Old Ben and the Palpatine set.

Typically the first images get people riled up, but by the time its all said and done most are happy with the figure.

I just received mine. This has been a hugely anticipated figure after three years of waiting, so I know my expectations are quite high. But I also thought three years would be plenty of time for Sideshow to perfect the design.

I am disappointed with how loose the body is. I tried posing him holding his helmet in his hands, but the elbow joints are just too loose for that. Also, his ankles flap around loose, so he can only stand up by himself for a couple of seconds before falling flat. I don't understand why Sideshow can't look at the Truetype ankles and design them similar.

I was hoping the hands would feel like Jedi Luke's gloved hand, but they do not. It feels like a cheaper plastic and not as soft. Also, the fingers are warped in strange directions. Hopefully heating them up will help. Another concern is the black paint does chip off quite easily. Again, this was never a problem with Jedi Luke's gloved hand...

Also, do any of your chest pieces look deformed? The plastic is deformed underneath the pectoral ridges on mine.

:lecture:stormtroo Quoted for truth. Why do people pic these things apart for suce small details?:huh The SS Stormtrooper looks just like a Stormtrooper to me. I missed out on this guy but it looks like just about everyone who got him is ecstatic about it.

The only thing that bothers me is the mics /aireators. Not because they look off now, but because SS changed them completely, which I just dont get why.

If the aerators is just a paint change and not a physical sculpt change, the answer is likely the factory just ^^^^ed up, not so much a conscious change.

My guess is the painted the aerators black first, then added silver, but did not go back and paint the rim back to black. An easy fix if bothered, just touch them up with a little paint.

Is it annoying it was missed, sure, but I'd rather than than something more major.

Indeed, and as far as I can see, the paint apps look pretty good and clean, which is key, even if a bit too much silver on the aerators, the ST helmet could look like ass with sloppy paint.

My guess is the painted the aerators black first, then added silver, but did not go back and paint the rim back to black. An easy fix if bothered, just touch them up with a little paint.

Is it annoying it was missed, sure, but I'd rather than than something more major.

Actually I think it is different, I found these on an earlier post.
sstkcomparisons.jpg

Back