1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figuring out what kind of clear support to use and give that hovering effect will indeed be the hard part.

It shouldn't be too difficult to rig up another rod or tube to the existing or replacement base to hold everything up, including a mounted rider.

Speederbike Hasbro
attachment.php

Speederbike SSC
attachment.php

It shouldn't be too difficult to rig up another rod or tube to the existing or replacement base to hold everything up, including a mounted rider.

Having seen how great it looks with the Probe Droïd, i'm still wondering if acrylic rods would work as good angled the way it does on the speederbike. The support section on the speederbike also looks to be smaller.

I have to pay customs if it's over $US300. An extra $100, so it's cheaper for me to get them separately. I'm going to have a long think about this.

Wish I'd got the Dewback now though.

WTF is a "Forest Scene Stealer Base Accessory (Patent Pending)"?

My guess is that those are the clip-on diorama pieces that you can attach to the base of the Speeder Bike, if you wish to make it from plain to a diorama base. The Scout Trooper also has that on its hexagonal base, and SSC might be offering that as a regular feature on their figures if that "patent pending" is any indication.

My guess is that those are the clip-on diorama pieces that you can attach to the base of the Speeder Bike, if you wish to make it from plain to a diorama base. The Scout Trooper also has that on its hexagonal base, and SSC might be offering that as a regular feature on their figures if that "patent pending" is any indication.

It would be nice if the releases some Diorama bases for previously released figures. Like the base that came with the Probe Droid. That would make a Snowtroopers look great.

I was initially going to get the bike...

But at $300, I'd rather save the money for Celebration.

Seems like a good ideal but it doesn't seem like much added value IMHO.

As I said elsewhere, great idea but sloppy execution. While the base on the PF looks beautiful, these look like cheap plastic rocks.

Could be rescued by a paint job like many sculpts ... but I think it lacks the great composition seen on the PF.

Undecided and leaning against, but if I did this I'd display the plain black stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This set is probably the only thing from star wars that I'd buy in 1/6th scale but there's no way for me to justify that price. The bike should be $225. Gonna have to pass and hope the price will drop on the secondary market.

I'd like to have the set but no way I'm gona spend 500 bucks for it

I'd like to have the set but no way I'm gona spend 500 bucks for it

I've actually decided to pass for the moment. Too big, too price-y, not grabbing me; but mostly because I don't like scouts as much as the other OT troops.

My wallet is relieved.

Still curious as hell to see in-hand photos eventually. These could make a killer display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with most of whats been said about the price. I just don't see how they ended up at $300. I'm OK to go without at that price point.

I was kinda hoping two speederbikes, but I doubt it now. Even wondering if I really want one. I was kinda unimpressed when the Snowtrooper came out like $20 more than anything else. Planned for three and the cannon, but when the price of that was released, I just stuck with one snowie...
At this rate, Stormtroopers will be $220.

Did SSC price people out with this piece?

You can display the scout without it and there is a very good Hasbro version available. It's also not a stand-alone item - the probe droid was.

The closest comparison is the e-web (i.e. needs a figure to be displayable) which people complained about at $150. Though that did sell out.

Interesting to see if this is one of those pieces that sits on the SSC website for a year or two, or if it follows the e-web trajectory and sells out fairly quickly despite endless complaints about lack of value and price gouging.

Either way, in ten years it will be worth $$$ (even if it costs $$ today.):lol

Did SSC price people out with this piece?

You can display the scout without it and there is a very good Hasbro version available. It's also not a stand-alone item - the probe droid was.

The closest comparison is the e-web (i.e. needs a figure to be displayable) which people complained about at $150. Though that did sell out.

Interesting to see if this is one of those pieces that sits on the SSC website for a year or two, or if it follows the e-web trajectory and sells out fairly quickly despite endless complaints about lack of value and price gouging.

Either way, in ten years it will be worth $$$ (even if it costs $$ today.):lol

It will probably sell out fairly quickly, as much as people complain about price (me included) we usually always end up getting it because it's iconic and SS knows this, that's why they priced it the way they did...

The bikes would probably be more appealing/be harder to say no to if there was an Endor Luke/Leia/Han being sold at the same time.

Back