1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek

But then again, I could see TIE, X-Wing and ATAT (for the inevitable drivers and Veers) cockpit 1/6 environments.
I'd like to see a TIE or Millennium Falcon environment, but not really sure those will ever be made. They don't seem to sell well (can't think of one from SW or GI Joe that didn't go giftcard eligible and languish for a long time before finally selling out) and must take up a ton of storage.

Space is another issue. Initially when I saw the Landspeeder tease, I thought I'd be down for one for sure, but realistically there is no way I could display it properly. Ideal display would be on some sort of podium, in a largish room where one could walk around the entire thing and appreciate if from all angles. One of the posters here (I believe Dexter-Jetster) has a SW collection room like that and it would be perfect. Most of us would have it kinda crammed-in some place, which I don't think would do the piece justice. Maybe it might work for smaller collections if one sold off a ton of stuff and made it a huge centrepiece.

Landspeeder is a simple display. Put it, with Luke looking at a line-up of R2, 3PO, and R5-D4.

Or Luke and Ben crushing with 3po and R2 to Mos Eisley with two Sandtroopers stopping them.

I think the dimensions are off on the speeder bike listing...says only 9" L?

Wow before I saw the price, this was a no-brainer.

Now at $300...it's going to make me think twice.

So they priced this roughly the same as the HT BatPod? interesting...

Same can be said for tauntauns right.

Well, Tauntauns seem taller than wide and take less shelf space, so I can see wanting one. They're also a characters of sorts. The speeder is a vehicle, and a fairly large one, and a fairly simple one. I love it, but why hide 4 great figures inside their ride. I know people say they'll display it, but I doubt many would for longer than a week. Then it gets shoved in a closet... with the Taun Taun and Dewback.

Honestly $300 is a lot.....and if it were not for me being a biker scout whore, I'd have passed. Just too cool, and look at it this way: it'll still be cheaper than the $499 HT one three years from now

Pfft, more like 8 inches.

newwang.jpg

I remember when $799 for the PF was considered a lot. I was so ticked I said I wouldn't pay more than $500 for one. I ended up caving at $550. Thank goodness. Nowadays I think they go for around $1200. Anyway I'm probably going to pick up a couple (one to have modded black), but will wait for double reward points.

I ordered the bike. And I know its still early. But can't help trying to figure out replacing the base. The base replacement I'm planning is a 75mm x 200mm x 10mm thick acrylic. As for the rod, this will be tricky. Solid rod will bend in time in that angle. Just have to figure out how to make the vertical support when the bike arrive.

Back