1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting on the bike, don't know enough to justify it from the Hasbro version and I'm sure once it hits there will be plenty of side by side dissection of the 2 to help my decision along if I did decide to get the SSC version.

I'm waiting on the bike, don't know enough to justify it from the Hasbro version and I'm sure once it hits there will be plenty of side by side dissection of the 2 to help my decision along if I did decide to get the SSC version.

Based on the pictures from Sideshow. I believed Sideshow is more detailed then Hasbro. If you have the Hasbro version you can compare them now. See the difference in details between the picture from Sideshow and the Hasbro on your hand.

Based on the pictures from Sideshow. I believed Sideshow is more detailed then Hasbro. If you have the Hasbro version you can compare them now. See the difference in details between the picture from Sideshow and the Hasbro on your hand.

Hasbro version is slightly oversized (it's a few inches longer than the SSC) and the intricate details such as control knobs, handlebars etc are not really comparable - SSC is WAY better. That being said, the Hasbro has some incredibly well sculpted and accurate overall details.

Bottom line - with a basic weathering job, the Hasbro will work great from a distance with the SSC Scout on it. But up closer, the SSC bike will blow the Hasbro away.

I don't have a Hasbro bike, I've got no problem waiting on people's in hand pics. I don't see these bikes being sold out for a very long time.

Who really wants a friggin' Landspeeder? Seriously? That's just too much. That's like the guy who dresses up in a Vader costume for opening night of a Star Wars movie. That's just too much commitment.

Same that buy 3 Batmobiles and a DeLorean and a Jabba Throne and...

Same that buy 3 Batmobiles and a DeLorean and a Jabba Throne and...

Hmm... just PO'ed the Delorean and this weekend will be buying a new display for my Jabba Throne. I think I need to look into a Vader costume.

And yes, I'll buy the SSC landspeeder if it sees light of day.

Speederbike is way too much. Lucky Sideshow doesn't have Luke or Leia now. But when I was reading the preview and saw the price of the Scout, I said watch the price of the bike be $300. And yep it was. I was hoping Sideshow would be generous and make it $225 or $250 too. Hot Toys had the TRON Legacy lightcycle for $300 and that came with a figure and lights!

I don't think the plaque is worth buying from SS for the EX, Instead I ordered it from BBTS to save on taxes...

I was surprisingly taken aback on the prices this time around. There just is not a lot there for $300 to me. Look at the STAP Set. That came with a slightly smaller vehicle and a figure for $175! For now.... the Hasbro one will do just fine.

The ex card is it made of metal or just plastic?
From the pics it looks like a brushed aluminium plaque, but who knows... could be plastic or some laminated cardboard. I don't plan to display it, regardless, but I really hope for this price that SSC doesn't cheap out on the materials.

I'm noticing a consistent pattern.
Yep, me too. Will be interesting to see how this does, ultimately.

I ordered the bike. And I know its still early. But can't help trying to figure out replacing the base. The base replacement I'm planning is a 75mm x 200mm x 10mm thick acrylic. As for the rod, this will be tricky. Solid rod will bend in time in that angle. Just have to figure out how to make the vertical support when the bike arrive.

Base will do fine for me with the added elements they revealed with PO pics. Figuring out what kind of clear support to use and give that hovering effect will indeed be the hard part.

Back