1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't sure where to place this - the bike is 3/4 Sideshow, the figure 3/4 Hot Toys Endor Leia but it's also about 1/3 custom. The base is a copy of the Hot Toys base but with an Endor color. Still have some tiny 1/6 fern plants coming to add to it.

I may still swap the head for one of the Leia Bespin knock-offs on eBay but I liked this head because it looks closer to the miniature Leia that ILM made.

EyXYRh1.jpg

6kvOhNk.jpg

Wasn't sure where to place this - the bike is 3/4 Sideshow, the figure 3/4 Hot Toys Endor Leia but it's also about 1/3 custom. The base is a copy of the Hot Toys base but with an Endor color. Still have some tiny 1/6 fern plants coming to add to it.

I may still swap the head for one of the Leia Bespin knock-offs on eBay but I liked this head because it looks closer to the miniature Leia that ILM made.

That looks amazing!

Scrolling down it looked so real.

EyXYRh1.jpg

6kvOhNk.jpg
Beautiful work.
I for one would love to see more images. As many as you can take, from as many angles as possible. Well done.
I do question your maths, though, lol.

Thanks guys - I have no idea how multi-quotes work in this new format, so can't quote more than one person. :lol

And yeah username, what I meant was individually the bike is almost 3/4 Sideshow (rest scratch built) and the figure has HT outfit but custom body, boots, belt/holster/blaster and head) and stand is custom, so overall maybe 2/3 is HT/SSC.

I took more pics with better lighting that hopefully shows the bike in more detail. This is with my older custom bike with scout that's just a redo of the Hasbro version. I plan to do more work on that to bring it up closer to the new bike.

V39Yhl9.jpg
96cvW3g.jpg
nBGC2H0.jpg
fqUkzlv.jpg
RhYodPC.jpg

More fantastic photos!

:clap

Thanks guys - I have no idea how multi-quotes work in this new format, so can't quote more than one person. :lol

I figured it out the other day.

Click 'Quote' on each post you want to cite.

At the bottom of your post there should then be an option that says, 'Insert quotes'.

Last edited:
Amazing, Talibane! Even aside from the fantastic custom work that is some top notch posing right there. I’d be more than happy to have that on the shelf.

More fantastic photos!

:clap

I figured it out the other day.

Click 'Quote' on each post you want to cite.

At the bottom of your post there should then be an option that says, 'Insert quotes'.

Awesome pics, Talibane!!! Really fantastic looking display with the two.

Your Leia and bike mods are amazing.

Amazing, Talibane! Even aside from the fantastic custom work that is some top notch posing right there. I’d be more than happy to have that on the shelf.

Dude, that is MAGIC!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! Yeah, I was really trying to get it exactly like the ILM miniature and it's fun to finally have that. 1/6 female bodies are really not capable of such an extreme pose so there was a lot of dremeling in the hips and neck/head area.

True story - I went to SW guru Steve Sansweet's house in the mid 1990s and the strongest memory I have of the visit was coming down some stairs and seeing the ROTJ Fett stunt backpack on the wall and the Leia speeder bike model in a display case. Maybe that's where my "I need that" came from. Here it is in his collection (the latex Leia figure had deteriorated badly so had to be rebuilt, so it isn't posed like in the movie, I guess posed more neutral so it doesn't deteriorate again.):

leia-speeder-bike.jpg

He also had a Biker Scout blaster when I met him at a show a while later, which was also awesome.
And thanks to Asta for helping me with the multi-quotes! :hi5:

Hasbro still looks great though.

Yeah, I have now stripped both a Hasbro and SSC bike down to the basic parts and rebuild them and I do still think the Hasbro is a nice piece. It's oversized for sure (I shortened the length by maybe 10%, so there's not much length diff to the SSC) but it's mostly in girth - the Hasbro is probably almost 50% wider than the SSC, which is not accurate. It makes posing figs on it need to be super "spread eagled."

The details are obviously far more accurate on the SSC, some quite impressive like the hydraulic rods on the sides, but there are quite a few errors I had to fix even on the SSC. Even some basic stuff like that big red "button" on the control panel is simplistic and wrong on the SSC, same with the rear brackets where the handlebar struts attach to the body, so I had to scratch build new parts.

Last edited:
Really amazing work, Tali! :rock2

Great to see those bike parts turn into something amazing. With the wired poncho it really gives the sense of a chase in progress. :clap

Back