Sideshow 1:6 Yoda (ESB)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who's going to buy this to post in-hand pics?

Maybe we should start a gofundme and everyone can chip in $5.

So cane, lamp, and hands. Let me guess it’ll still be more than Hot Toys’ version. On top of that it’s not that great looking. Such a weird figure for Sideshow to have even released.

So cane, lamp, and hands. Let me guess it’ll still be more than Hot Toys’ version. On top of that it’s not that great looking. Such a weird figure for Sideshow to have even released.

It's $150 :lol

Yikes! I was initially hopeful after the first preview pic in the shadowy lighting, but the thing looks cheap as hell in these new pics. And now even $150 seems like way too much.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my AOTC Yoda preorder.

Yikes! I was initially hopeful after the first preview pic in the shadowy lighting, but the thing looks cheap as hell in these new pics. And now even $150 seems like way too much.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my AOTC Yoda preorder.

To be fair, they at least went straight to (what I assume is) production fig pics rather than the standard SSC move of showing an amazingly handpainted proto then shipping something that's anywhere from a noticeable step down to a total shocker.

To be fair, they at least went straight to (what I assume is) production fig pics rather than the standard SSC move of showing an amazingly handpainted proto then shipping something that's anywhere from a noticeable step down to a total shocker.

I think the previous tactic might move more units.

Well, it does look like a production sample, so maybe it actually will be in-stock and ready to order tomorrow.

I guess it's a nice surprise ... going back a few years in price, for a simple Yoda figure. Probably just a test for them to see how the market responds to maybe a bit more barebones release. Maybe they're thinking about bridging the gap between Hasbro and Hot Toys, hitting that middle ground between mass market and premium.

Well, it does look like a production sample, so maybe it actually will be in-stock and ready to order tomorrow.

I guess it's a nice surprise ... going back a few years in price, for a simple Yoda figure. Probably just a test for them to see how the market responds to maybe a bit more barebones release. Maybe they're thinking about bridging the gap between Hasbro and Hot Toys, hitting that middle ground between mass market and premium.

I would say $150 goes back maybe two years. The 2011 Sideshow Yoda was $70 and came with a log and bendy snake.

And bridging a gap between Hasbro and Hot Toys would land it somewhere in the $100 range.

The talking/moving 9" Yoda is about $60 and the 12" one is maybe $25...

s-l1600.jpg

That being said, I'd love it if someone bridged that mass market and premium gap.

Sweet. I always wanted a Yogurt figure. And the complete lack of accessories is spot on as they will all be sold separately. I'm gonna get the flamethrower.

Back