Sideshow 1:6 Yoda (ESB)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, just noticed that too. What a weird thing - I can't recall a 1/6 scale SW offering EVER being announced and then ready to ship a few weeks later.

This is a 1/6 first as far as HT and Sideshow is concerned. I hope there's more releases like this.

Well at least we won't have to wait as long this time to be disappointed in the final product. ;)

Now that's a very bare bones release.

Coming in at $150.

9459d8f94df718d722ca702672aef0ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
ee3e4faebb9df168e394a404677add7c.jpg

Not bad, an improvement of their previous one. I'll keep my hot toys esb Yoda tho.

Haha, literally the exact opposite of what would have gotten me to order it, so that's an easy pass.

Well...I was wondering why they were releasing another ESB Yoda and then this happens...so...just the usual.

Is the huge box going to have empty trays where the accessories were supposed to be to really rub in how we got jobbed? :)

His outfit also looks almost brand new. $150 doesn't seem bad b/c the HT version was $200, but you got diorama pieces and another headsculpt and I definitely think the paintwork is higher quality on the HT figure. And this is the prototype, so who knows what it will look like.

Lol $50 more is more than acceptable for the quality and accessory increase you get with the HT. What's SS smoking? I wonder if they just had this so far in production they were obliged to follow through with production.

They're obviously not gonna compete with the soon to be sold out hot toys one who both has a better sculpt and paint imo.

This tho is not bad looking and will likely be a staple long running release like their 1:6 vader for people who just want a decent 1:6 Yoda and dont care taking the extra step price and quality wise as youd do with hot toys, I can easily see why they're doing this release.

Lol $50 more is more than acceptable for the quality and accessory increase you get with the HT. What's SS smoking? I wonder if they just had this so far in production they were obliged to follow through with production.

The quality of poorly glued on cotton fuzz,display base sculpting about as good as a $15 McFarlane figure base, undersized accessories and floppy body that can barely stand? This new Sideshow version isn’t perfect by any means but I wouldn’t pretend that the Hot Toys version is a good figure. I honestly think it is one of the worst figures they have ever released.

Back